Drinks alcoholics ban on Malecon?

JimMcG

Well Known Member
It has always been illegal to drink alcohol on the public sidewalks and roads except when fenced off for celebrations and fiestas. The police for the most part have looked the other way. With the new signs, tourists can't say that they weren't warned.

Roberto

Well Known Member
There was a ban on alcohol on the Malecon a few years back. There had been a lot of fights and drunks were pissing all over the place and it was stinky. This was before the public toilets opened. I t will be difficult t to impossible to enforce. Difficult every weekend and impossible on Semana Santa. Same with the beer can throwing ATVs all over.

Landshark

Well Known Member
Rocky Point city hall doesn't have a single interpreter fluent in Spanish and English? No they don't. Another proof of horrible Mexican education system.
I find that pretty hard to believe. Not one bilingual person at the City Hall...Hmmm. They seem to be everywhere else we go, the gas stations, restaurants, fish market....

mondone

Whitecaps
Seriously? Parking meters?:

Mayor justifies actions aimed at order in Malecón

By José Antonio Pérez

June 28, 2017. Puerto Peñasco Mayor Kiko Munro stated recent actions implemented in the area of the malecón (Old Port “boardwalk”) are aimed at achieving order while improving the urban image of this emblematic part of town. Some of these measures include enforcing ordinances that prohibit drinking and open alcohol containers in public spaces, relocating street vendors, installation of parking meters, and road closure to vehicles starting from Calle Ignacio Zaragoza (between Don Julio and Oktopus *formerly Beach Bum) starting at 4 p.m. on weekends and 7 p.m. during the week.

mondone

Whitecaps
As if that's going to be enforceable. What are they going to do,put a boot on a wheel of every car with expired meter? :shrug:

JimMcG

Well Known Member
New, no parking and no public drinking enforcement will present an opportunity for fresh mordida solicitation by Peñasco's thin blue line.

Roberto

Well Known Member
Yep, got stopped yesterday for allegedly not making a complete stop . But I did stop completely. One of the new compacts roared up behind me siren going lights flashing. I jumped out and two guys got out and made a FAKE report I had not stopped. Teed me off, told them I stopped and always do and OK lets go to the Commandancia. They got in their car and I drove away.This just after a taxi cut me off at a red light and a big black truck drove through an intersection without stopping.

GV Jack

Snorin God
Yep, got stopped yesterday for allegedly not making a complete stop . But I did stop completely. One of the new compacts roared up behind me siren going lights flashing. I jumped out and two guys got out and made a FAKE report I had not stopped. Teed me off, told them I stopped and always do and OK lets go to the Commandancia. They got in their car and I drove away.This just after a taxi cut me off at a red light and a big black truck drove through an intersection without stopping.
Say hello to my buddy, "the judge" for me.

jerry

Well Known Member
theres a pacman style video game in the making in that story....get to the beer store and back!

Dale Cono

All of this is just a plot to tax all tourist in Mexico. And yes even if you speak Spanish you are not born their. You ARE a tourist. Cost used to be low their to have a good time. It's getting higher and higher. They are getting greedy. Why is everything cheaper soon as you pull out of their. Resorts are ridiculous. Security telling you how to act. I thought it was Mexico.

sheep3mom

Well Known Member
that comment is BS, they have a fully bilingual staff, someone took it upon their selves to do the signs without approval, your comment is abhorrent to me, most kids here learn English as a second language, how many gringo kids learn Spanish as a second...........????
I am always amazed at the number of people in Mexico who are bilingual. They put the US to shame.