Employed at Bodega Aurrera

This is just a great story I wanted to share with all of you... This past sunday morning a group of us from "La Esperanza Para Nueva Vida A.C." community center were at Balboa's for one of our "Sunday Morning Breakfast Club" get togethers...

We usually just chit chat about the weekend and go over what projects the center has completed, has in progress, or we talk about plans for upcoming events... Some of the big news and topics discussed... Blanca told me about the chance of the assistance with the cost of the device needed for little Jimena's hearing... We also went over the floor plan diagrams for the soon to be added kitchen at the center... But, one of the most enlightening stories came from our friend Laurie Richardson who is our new English teacher at the community center, Laurie is also a great big help when translation is needed at the center...

Laurie has taken a serious approach to teaching this class, we have purchased "English for Latinos" textbooks at Lauries request, her students use the books in the classroom and they get to keep the book after completion and they have passed the class...

Well to get to the story... last week while at the new Bodega Aurrera, Laurie saw one of her recent students coming toward her with tears in her eyes and her arms wide open and wanting a hug... When they met, her student Thanked and Thanked Laurie, and told her, "it was because of Lauries class at the center, that she learned english and she was able to get the job she wanted and start her future with Bodega Aurrera" Thank You Laurie...

There are many other classes available at the center for the locals to get that little bit of help they may need to find a job or even start a business of their own... if you might have a donation, some ideas, or spare time and want to volunteer... please contact Harold Tuttle a.k.a. trade or me here on the forum... Thank You...