Esmeralda Resort Ribbon Cutting

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I am a realist and like to know both good and bad information on where I live.
Which was exactly my point, Ron. It's what we try to provide.

No, we're not Facebook. No desire to be so. We're just a little backwater laguna in the great sea that is the Internet.

Peace.

Roberto

Well Known Member
I started visiting on the old forum. Was living up in the US and seriously thinking of relocating to Penasco. Found the earlier Forum and signed on. I'm not a Forum type of guy wanting mindless blather and found the information I could glean useful. I have also tried to be helpful to newbies as I gained an education about life in Mexico and Penasco.

When the old forum was shut down I was delighted to see that Pie Man stepped forward with a new version. Then volunteer moderators stepped forward and of course Stuart has continued on keeping things on track. Thanks to all and currently thanks to Stuart. Without his involvement the forum would be off the air. Thank you Stuart.

There were some real hot times on the forum. Who still remembers Sub and the Walmart wars ?? Few of the old timers post anymore. Where is Dry Heat??

jerry

Well Known Member
I started visiting on the old forum. Was living up in the US and seriously thinking of relocating to Penasco. Found the earlier Forum and signed on. I'm not a Forum type of guy wanting mindless blather and found the information I could glean useful. I have also tried to be helpful to newbies as I gained an education about life in Mexico and Penasco.

When the old forum was shut down I was delighted to see that Pie Man stepped forward with a new version. Then volunteer moderators stepped forward and of course Stuart has continued on keeping things on track. Thanks to all and currently thanks to Stuart. Without his involvement the forum would be off the air. Thank you Stuart.

There were some real hot times on the forum. Who still remembers Sub and the Walmart wars ?? Few of the old timers post anymore. Where is Dry Heat??
He's most likely buried in the foundation of Esmerelda....

ernesto

Well Known Member
My old nemesis Dry Heat sold his condo at LP as did I. He was always bangin the LP drum, I felt to a fault. Those guys are crooks over there and the HOA (dry) was complicit in the scheme. Always getting preferential treatment, rentals, etc. Best move I ever made to exit that circus.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Haven't heard from Jeepers since I left Facebook. She tends to hang out there, or did. Last activity here shows March 25.

Don't know about Lagrimas. The vaquitas ate him, I guess. Last activity July 2017.

Kenny

Well Known Member
My old nemesis Dry Heat sold his condo at LP as did I. He was always bangin the LP drum, I felt to a fault. Those guys are crooks over there and the HOA (dry) was complicit in the scheme. Always getting preferential treatment, rentals, etc. Best move I ever made to exit that circus.
You mean Benny the lawyer who specialized and made his money for the most part, off of people's misfortunes? Ha, and wore clip on ties? Yep, I remember him.

jerry

Well Known Member
He was a snarky bastard.....I bet he dressed like a dick too....

dwig222

Well Known Member
He's most likely buried in the foundation of Esmerelda....
We stay at the Sonoran Sun which is right next to Esmerelda. My husband is a retired Ironworker and he walked over and looked at the unfinished construction that sat there for many, many years. He said he wouldn't set foot in that building if they decide to "finish" it. The rebar is so bad, that building will collapse some day. I see on some rental sites that they are renting condos in there. Yikes!

Queen of Kings

Well Known Member
We stay at the Sonoran Sun which is right next to Esmerelda. My husband is a retired Ironworker and he walked over and looked at the unfinished construction that sat there for many, many years. He said he wouldn't set foot in that building if they decide to "finish" it. The rebar is so bad, that building will collapse some day. I see on some rental sites that they are renting condos in there. Yikes!
That's just the way they do things in Mexico. The entire town is an OSHA violation.

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
You do realize...........

Nothing in Mexico ever gets "finished". Once it is they have to pay property tax. That is why some part of every structure anywhere in Mexico
is deliberately left "un-finished".

As example, take a look at Reggie's it's been "under construction" for twenty years now.

JJ

marybna

Well Known Member
I agreed with the post above about unfinished projects and rust. 15 years ago I worked In Sonoran for a company that help American Companies maintain OSHA laws in their companies that manufactured down there. I spent time in Hermosillo and we were going to buy in San Carlos. We went down and played golf. One of my safety directors told us that the resort we were going to put money in would never be built because they did really have title to the property. He came with us and got our money back. So we bought at S Spa and later Bella. I love going to Penasco. I have a have one condo that is paid for and it still cost a lot of money. I would never encourage my kids to do this. And they tell me their friends that own in Ensenada are paying all kinds of taxes and fees and have a hard time unloading their property.

Horace Greely

Ron and Stewart,
You both live “full time” in RP?
Even in the summer?
Where do you live? Condos? With all the amenities?
Where do u hail from originally?
Are these personal enough questions?

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Do not live in RP. I visit often and have for 35+ years. I live in Tempe.

Stay all over the place when I'm there, from Las Conchas, to Playa Del Oro, to hotels, to Cholla Bay, to the condos on Sandy Beach. I don't own property there, but have lots of friends that do.

I was born in Florida, but grew up in Pennsylvania. Moved to AZ in 1981.

Have traveled over much of Mexico, love the place. Will be in Mazatlan for a week on Monday. I was probably a Mexican in a previous life because I feel perfectly at home there.

Other questions?

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Market Cafe vastly overrated and overpriced. Same with Oink.

My wife and I own AZBreadCo cafe at Kyrene and Elliot. We live just by Guadalupe and Kyrene in south Tempe.