"Esperanza Para Los Niños"

This is a true Oasis in the middle of the Sonoran Desert... it's Casa Hogar "Esperanza Para Los Niños" Childrens Home... In the month of March 2012 some friends and I pooled our funds together to give a cash donation of $555.00 to the childrens home... They can still use donations of food, furniture, table games for the new recreation hall and cash to help pay for the daily operations of the home...

If you're coming to Rocky Point, Puerto Penasco, Mexico stop in and see Gullermo Zapata Urbelejo the on site director at the Home he can give you a wish list of items that are most seriously needed at the center...

Thank You to Chari Ainsworth, Rob Markson, and GV Jack Hecker from Jose Manuel Barrera Sanchez (Presidente of the Childrens Home) and Gullermo Zapata Urbalejo (Director at the Childrens Home) for your contributions....

[video=youtube;mxevgq_EZNw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxevgq_EZNw&hd=1[/video]

Casa Hogar "Esperanza Para Los Niños" Rocky Point Puerto Penasco Mexico - YouTube

PintoPoint

Well Known Member
Seadweller,
Someone needs to update there website. It very old information which makes it look like it went under. We used to bring things down and our church sent money to the place in Arizona for them. But we got know response so the donations went to other organizations. The web site was great because it listed needs, names, ages and birth dates of the children. The kids were great!

Rick
Cholla Bay

Thanks Rick... I wasn't aware of this... I will talk to Jose Manuel about this.... I have an updated list of all the childrens names and ages and all that info if anyone is interested..?

JGattheSea

PIF Puerto Peñasco
Thanks Rick... I wasn't aware of this... I will talk to Jose Manuel about this.... I have an updated list of all the childrens names and ages and all that info if anyone is interested..?

Back down in April so would be great to have a current list. Thanks!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
What a great video, Mark! I'll PM you my address.... Mom can get all kinds of stuff at the thrift store she volunteers at with a 20 percent discount.....or free!

JGattheSea

PIF Puerto Peñasco
this is partly why I think I finally bought in PP ... the local and expat community always attempting to PIF! (pay it forward) .... LOVE that!

this is partly why I think I finally bought in PP ... the local and expat community always attempting to PIF! (pay it forward) .... LOVE that!
It's not only the local and expat community... One of my friends on facebook who lives in Florida and has never been here in RP just said that she wants to make a donation... she has also donated to our Adopt-A-Classroom of Puerto Penasco in the past... it thrills me to see people putting the needs of the less fortunate before their own and helping the cause...

JGattheSea

PIF Puerto Peñasco
Yep LOVE LOVE LOVE the PIF vibe I get from many people here and all my other friends IRL or just online that step up to help, lend a hand, or donate to things/money that make a difference in peoples lives

OK... LJ & JG... the lists are at the Burrito Express and will go to the Post Office in Lukeville tomorrow morning... so you can expect them by Friday or Monday, depending on how fast the snail moves....

Roberto

Well Known Member
OK... LJ & JG... the lists are at the Burrito Express and will go to the Post Office in Lukeville tomorrow morning... so you can expect them by Friday or Monday, depending on how fast the snail moves....
Might take longer. I heard that the Burro train carrying the mail did not leave on time. The lead Burro was sick and no one else wanted to lead.

This is AWESOME.... not only did my friend from Florida pledge to make a donation to the Casa Hogar Para Los Niños... but now I received a message from Cathy a.k.a. Sunshine here on the forum stating her husband Mel wanted to help out by volunteering his time and labor working at the Childrens Home during their upcoming visit.... Thank You Cathy & Mel...

This is the kind of chain reaction I was hoping would start from this post...

Last edited:
I think it's someone that Pents Cars... don't know what Penting is though... Seriously LJ's other half Jerry does a lot of carpentry work...