"Esperanza Para Los Niños"

JGattheSea

PIF Puerto Peñasco
well got the list in the mail yesterday and put it out to my online friends tonight and already got a $50 donation from my friend in Switzerland! I have this PIF (payitforward) deal I have been doing for years so hopefully more of my PIF friends will donate or at least become pen pals to the kids :) <3

JGattheSea

PIF Puerto Peñasco
Hey Seadweller, We are going to be driving down on April 18th and wondered if we need to contact the home prior to stopping by? I got $185 from my friends and wanted to stop by to double check what their current most important needs are the go to the Bodega and then deliver them while we are there for like a week? Or would it be better to just give them the cash? I was figuring buy going to purchase it for them it would save them gas money? Any thoughts? and do I need to let them know I will be stopping by? Picking up a friend at the airport in Phoenix about noon so would probably get past there place about 4 or 4:30 ish to get the "needs" list. Let me know the best way to proceed Thanks again!

Hey Seadweller, We are going to be driving down on April 18th and wondered if we need to contact the home prior to stopping by? I got $185 from my friends and wanted to stop by to double check what their current most important needs are the go to the Bodega and then deliver them while we are there for like a week? Or would it be better to just give them the cash? I was figuring buy going to purchase it for them it would save them gas money? Any thoughts? and do I need to let them know I will be stopping by? Picking up a friend at the airport in Phoenix about noon so would probably get past there place about 4 or 4:30 ish to get the "needs" list. Let me know the best way to proceed Thanks again!
You can pretty much stop out there anytime (within reasonable hours of the day) I think the cash would benefit them more because they do have bills and we will be going out there in just a bit with a carload of fresh veggies and we just took out 50 pounds of rice and 50 pounds of beans on Monday... if you can speak Spanish I can give you Guillermo Zapata Urbalejo's (Director) phone number and you can call and discuss it with him personally... or I can ask what they would prefer when we head out there in just a bit and relay his answer to you here on the forum...

Thank you and your friends for your kindness and thoughtfulness of wanting to help... and by all means do stop out and see the children, you'll be very happy you did...

JGattheSea

PIF Puerto Peñasco
Well my spanish is terrible but Joe can speak "home spanish" so sure if you find out and let me know what they prefer I will either donate the cash or buy what is needed. Oh and amazing thing is over night while I slept my online friends a "Share" app donated more and the owner of the app matched our original $185 so I know will be bringing down $620 for the kids!!! Always amazed how my friends rally together for a great purpose and willing to always help PIF (pay-it-forward)!! Off to work but let me know what would work best for them! Thanks for helping me out too!

Well my spanish is terrible but Joe can speak "home spanish" so sure if you find out and let me know what they prefer I will either donate the cash or buy what is needed. Oh and amazing thing is over night while I slept my online friends a "Share" app donated more and the owner of the app matched our original $185 so I know will be bringing down $620 for the kids!!! Always amazed how my friends rally together for a great purpose and willing to always help PIF (pay-it-forward)!! Off to work but let me know what would work best for them! Thanks for helping me out too!
JG that is wonderful news... we just returned from the Casa Hogar and I asked Guillermo which he would prefer, "cash or goods from a wish list" and he said he would prefer cash, but what ever you would feel comfortable with is OK with him... he started discussing that summer is coming up and expenses would be higher and that the cash would be a good safety net...

Thank You and a BIG Thanks to your friends as well....

JGattheSea

PIF Puerto Peñasco
okay great! going to be down late 4/18 and leaving 4/24 ... so probably will stop by on 4/19 in the afternoon. Is Guillermo on site? or should I ask for another staff member? Thanks again for helping me navigate my way through my first donation to them :)

Guillermo is one of the four adults that are on site and he is the director of the Casa Hogar... I will give him a heads up that you will be coming to visit the afternoon of 4-19, so he can be there on site and expecting you... It's really wonderful how you and your friends pulled this all together... Thank You...

I've added a few photos from our visit this afternoon, the first two are of a couple of the older boys helping us unload 15 bags of veggies and a box of oranges and the last one is a group shot of some of the kids, Guillermo and I...

I also want to Thank Robert & Pam Martin, Harold & Kathy Tuttle and Shamrock Foods of Phoenix for the donation of the food that we distributed to the folks out in the barrio San Rafeal and the 15 bags of veggies and box of oranges for the children at the Casa Hogar today...

IMG_1074.jpgIMG_1075.jpgIMG_1077.jpg

I just received a fantastic message from JGattheSea informing me about their visit to the casa hogar "Esperanza Para Los Niños" Childrens Home... unfortunately they missed the children who would be attending school at the time of their visit...

I think JGattheSea deserve a GREAT BIG Pat on the Back and MANY THANKS for the donations raised, of $720. to the Childrens Home and $200 to La Esperanza Para Nueva Vida A.C. Community Center for our May Food Distribution... Most of all, from me and I'm sure a lot of others here... Welcome to Rocky Point Talk Forum, it's great having you aboard...

JGattheSea

PIF Puerto Peñasco
Glad I found you & can't wait until I can some day be able to retire and live full time and become an active part of this beautiful, giving, fun community called Puerto Peñasco (my adopted home to come recharge and enjoy). And once again BIG thanks to @seadweller for hand holding me through my novice stage of trying to PIF (pay-it-forward) here in my second home!

Last edited:
JGattheSea I was out at Esperanza Para Los Niños yesterday with Mel the husband of sunshine, Mel has volunteered to do some handyman work while they are down here for the next 3 weeks, and while talking with Guillermo we got onto the subject of your visit and Guillermo asked me to relay the message that he was very thankful for your extremely generous donation to help support the children...

On a visit this morning with GV Jack to "Esperanza Para Los Niños" so Jack could present another generous donation for the children, two of the young men from the Childrens Home treated us to an impromptu song... well I did coax one of them into playing the guitar for us and the other joined in and started singing the lyrics...

[video=youtube;1Cs4kIUSsAQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cs4kIUSsAQ&amp;hd=1[/video]

Young Talent at "Esperanza Para Los Niños" Rocky Point, Puerto Penasco, Mexico - YouTube

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I've been trying to retire for 2 years so I can help more. My biggest problem is that health insurance will go from 35 bucks a month to 450...........A little scary.........I'll need a part time job.......Which I'm sure I can find but retire is a big word for someone that has worked since she was 14......

DeeDee

Remember, that when you retire you never get a day off. My husband retired over 4 years ago & hates it, he started working full-time when he was 14 also.

GV Jack

Snorin God
I retired this year after having worked 60 years, since I was 16.

I love it. Especially since I met the good folks here. The enlightening conversations
give me something to look forward to all day long. Even Kenny and Jerry keep me on
my toes, not to mention my nemesis, Roberto.

I also get to go to RP more, when my wife lets me, and that's the best reward of them all.