Facebook Help

Jim

I know this is way off topic but I also know that there are some very skilled computer people on this forum. I have a facebook account for me and another for the bar. I don't know what I did but I can't log on to either one anymore. Mine is under Jim Ringquist and the bar is Camel Toe Cantina. They are both still active as I can look at them from someone elses account but I can't update or add photos etc without loggin in. Facebook has been no help at all. They won't even respond. When I try to reset the passwords, no email ever arrives. I am getting very frustrated and refuse to start all over again. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jim

Facebook went through domain changes last night so it's very possible the system is overloaded. I know specifically that they were sending out auto updates on the wrong date and passwords could be yet another issue.

Think hard, though, is it possible you were using another email account to sign into Facebook before and you're just putting the wrong one in? It's happened to me before after getting used to the default address popping up on my laptop for so long, I'd forgotten which one I was actually using. (Had several email accts all fwd'ing to one address.)

Do you have an old Facebook email notification in your "read mail"? If so, see which email they're using, then click on the hyperlink in the body of the message and see what happens.

If this doesn't help, chances are it's just FB. Last night at 9:01PM everyone made a mad dash to save a personalized FB domain name, so I'm not surprised their system is all jacked today. I, for example, saved http://facebook.com/gringozona, among others for personal accounts, etc. Save that /cameltoecantina before someone else does!

PS--Do NOT delete those accounts. In order to prevent people from going nuts and squatting on a bunch of domain names, they're only letting you pick a name if you've had your account for over a week before they announced all this. Er, I guess you can't delete 'em if you can't get on 'em anyway, but don't bother starting another one just yet.

Jim

Thanks for your help but I know which email addresses are associated with them. And, you are correct sir. I can't do anything if I can't login. As you said, maybe they are backed up right now but I have been trying to contact them for a week. I hope I can get it worked out. Very frustrating.

M

mexmac

Is it possible that name of your business "The Camel Toe Cantina" is so degrading and disgusting that you keep getting shut down because of it? If Puerto Penasco is to grow and become more of a family destination than business owners like you have to take more responsibility with how the city is portrayed.

JimMcG

I thought that they were selling a particular brand of cigarettes until it was explained to me. I was shocked; shocked I say!:confused::eek:

Roberto

It reminds me of the T shirts offered for sale in the Malecon. You know the ones that a grandma would buy to take back home to the grandkids. Like " I F___ on the First Date!" stuff like that.

Hey, let's have a renaming contest right here !!
Maybe The "Thirsty Camel"

Roberto

No I have never seen those particular T shirts. Where can I get one for nana?:mexico::idea::roll:

Frankly (or maybe Jimly), I'm shocked, shocked I say. I thought for sure you would go for the one that says "F___ you, you F---ing F____". Much more impact for Nana.

JimMcG

Now that you mention it I was not aware there was such a wide array
to choose from. Maybe I'll buy more than one.

Last edited:
Is it possible that name of your business "The Camel Toe Cantina" is so degrading and disgusting that you keep getting shut down because of it? If Puerto Penasco is to grow and become more of a family destination than business owners like you have to take more responsibility with how the city is portrayed.
I find it interesting that a new member with 8 posts comes in to this old thread, and starts ripping into a business that he does not know the history of????? And to boot, the post has nothing to do with the subject matter of the original post..... I learned a long time ago, particularly on the internet, to keep my mouth shut, listen, learn, then start talking!!!

Jim

Hey Mac, Have you been to the Pink Taco in Scottsdale, Miami, LA or Las Vegas? I could go on and on about nightclub names but I won't. Or just maybe you are being a bit too sensitive. I didn't name the bar but I don't intend to change it either.

Lets not forget PP TRAILER TRASH shirts. Something for everyone. Keep the name Camel Toe Cantina. Need to get the fun back into this town or it remains a ghost town. What would be wrong with opening some of vacent lots that were at one time RV parks? The RV people spend money in town, and provide cottage industry such as washing and waxing the trailers. Might not seem like much but it is better than nothing. Maybe with some of Rosies ties to the community she could influence Larry Large to reopen one of the dirt lots that are sitting vacent.

Lets not forget PP TRAILER TRASH shirts. Something for everyone. Keep the name Camel Toe Cantina. Need to get the fun back into this town or it remains a ghost town. What would be wrong with opening some of vacent lots that were at one time RV parks? The RV people spend money in town, and provide cottage industry such as washing and waxing the trailers. Might not seem like much but it is better than nothing. Maybe with some of Rosies ties to the community she could influence Larry Large to reopen one of the dirt lots that are sitting vacent.
I love my RP Trailer Trash tshirt....just picked up my second one!!!:-D

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Unfortunately for me the one time I went to CTC it was closed, but all I saw was the big camel smoking a cigarrette with to girls in bikinis besides him, I have seen more obscene/erotic/sexual, etc.etc. advertising here in Tucson, USA. and if the name is the rev eling part for you how about T.D. showclub, sounds to me like a burdelo more than a bar and I wet that probably some lonely men in town goes there to score too!!!

How to return to normal

Subject: How to go back to normal.

"If you don't like the new FaceBook here is how you can change it back to the old. Look to the top left menu and click on MORE on your home page. Then drag STATUS UPDATES to the top. After dragging to top, click on it. That becomes your default......It will turn back like it was before. Pass it on!"

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Hey Mac, Have you been to the Pink Taco in Scottsdale, Miami, LA or Las Vegas? I could go on and on about nightclub names but I won't. Or just maybe you are being a bit too sensitive. I didn't name the bar but I don't intend to change it either.
I'll bet he never goes to Hooters, either.:bunny: