Fear of Taking Kids to Mexico.

jerry

The fear that pulsates out of Arizona talk radio,the Fundementalist churches,the law enforcement/prison orbit all preach the other way...I love this article. Now that Arizona education had been bombed by the Koch Brothers puppet it might be a good Idea to jamb the kids in the Airstream and head for San Blas.

I have said this before in another thread, when I tell people I am going to Puerto Peñasco they say"where is that?". :cool:

Then I tell them it's Rocky Point and the first thing that happens is a change in facial expression and they ask "Isn't is dangerous down there?". :eek:

Both Liberal and Conservative. There is nothing other than negative about Mexico and Mexicans in the local news here. :mad: So atleast in my little area of Arizona, I completely agree with Jerry's observation!

And not to get totally off subject, but the Cons. in this area of Mesa (the most conservative city in the U.S. :( ) love Mexican....food. Especially at Someburros where everyone looks Mexican but sound wh...eh hem, American. And love their Mexican yard workers and brick layers and carpet installers and painters and.... Unless they have converted and are in a ward they have nothing good to say nor anything to do with Mexico nor Mexicans.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
It seems that the 'fear of rocky point or mexico' has become less frequent. I am starting to see families go down that would not go down at all back in 2011-2013. Last year was better and I think it is improving. We are a society of short term memory. One day we are all dying from ebola and the next we are moving on to another disease to distract us (throw in a ferguson and a new terror group in between). The Mexico story would rotate 3-4x a year and now it may be a story 1-2x per year. It's best to turn off the news and realize 95% of it won't affect you personally. Too depressing.

Kenny

People were robbed I read on the Baja facebook site
The victims, including domestic visitors, French and Germans, who had traveled to the site aboard 3 boats were, were intercepted by the assailants, who arrived on the scene in a boat, unexpectedly, then lowered, and gun in hand, threatening passersby to hand over all their belongings.

In addition to taking what they brought tourists, like cash, cameras, phones, wallets and even passports were stolen one of the three boats, which conducted the tour one of the groups, for the Holy Spirit .

jerry

From tripadvisor "Maybe late in on this topic but here goes . As a resident and bilingual reading all the news not just the realtor/tourist/rags , it gives me a more realistic view of the Baja Sur area . First of all I have lived in La Paz and seemingly it IS having a definite crime wave of both murders and robberies ,was bad when we lived there and now much worse. 60 murders since July 2014-Jan 10 ,2015 , yes Sixty murders and not all have been drug tied murders. We are also seeing robberies of Banks,stores and even casual restaurants for desperate amounts of money . The police force is undermanned and nearly useless in apprehending real criminals and the solve/incarceration rate is very low . I have many friends living and invested in La Paz and many have been robbed both house and car . So yes the crime element is very real . I agree , use common sense ,caution at night,lock up everything tight ,cell phone closeby for the 066 call . Sadly La Paz is headed into an unknown spiral of graffiti ,gangs and crime . I would NOT recommend it for the mentioned reasons . Not a pretty place ,and sadly not improving ..

Like I tell people when they ask me if I feel safe in Mexico

DO YOU FEEL SAFE IN THE USA ? Most of the time the responce is WELL NO!

SEEMS WE HEAR BAD ADVERTISING THINGS ABOUT ROCKY POINT ONLY
AT THE HOLIDAY TIMES LIKE SPRING BREAK. IS THIS DONE TO KEEP THE KIDS FROM
GOING DOWN AND SPENDING THERE MONEY THERE AND NOT AT THE LOCAL PLACES ?
I ALWAYS WONDER WHO PAYS FOR THIS MIS INFORMATION, THE HOTELS ?
Yes I love Rock Point and have been going there for 35 years

flicks

Like I tell people when they ask me if I feel safe in Mexico

DO YOU FEEL SAFE IN THE USA ? Most of the time the responce is WELL NO!

SEEMS WE HEAR BAD ADVERTISING THINGS ABOUT ROCKY POINT ONLY
AT THE HOLIDAY TIMES LIKE SPRING BREAK. IS THIS DONE TO KEEP THE KIDS FROM
GOING DOWN AND SPENDING THERE MONEY THERE AND NOT AT THE LOCAL PLACES ?
I ALWAYS WONDER WHO PAYS FOR THIS MIS INFORMATION, THE HOTELS ?
Yes I love Rock Point and have been going there for 35 years
I've been going for around 49 years! Off & on..

Luna

Sea Shell Goddess
I agree. Personally, we have never felt in any danger in all our trips to Rocky Point. Of course, we tend to keep to ourselves, not really into the bar scene anymore. In fact I had my catalytic converter stolen - at work in Phoenix :eek:. This happened days before we were going down. I go to Rocky Point to feel safe. :p