Feb 12-16 trip.....smooth sailing !!

Eric

Just got back from Rocky Point for Valentines weekend. Was very nice to see lots of tourists down there having a great time. RV parks & resorts had lots of people for this time of year & even sandy beach by the reef was extra packed.
Weather perfect, roads clear. New border agents on Mexican side speak english & were friendly. Sonoita police positioned off highway at south side of town leading to RP. Two federal police & one tourist assistance vehicle working highway between RP & Sonoita. Even the US border inspectors had all lanes open & were even pre checking some cars ahead of time in order to expedite the wait times.
The busy dirt roads around parts town were being graded & watered. The beach tractor that cleans the beach sand had many of the beach's looking nice. The ocean water was extra clear & even saw more dolphin & seas lions than normal..................

can't wait to go back........

InkaRoads

cronopiador
To add to Eric's I saw lines of RV waiting for their insurance at Lukeville, amazing and then caravans of dozens of them going down to RP in both sides, USA and Mexico, and even more amazing is that the grand majority had canadian license plates, it seems that our canadian counterparts have "NO FEAR" and obviously the economy is getting better and I am sure that if they can do it we too can do it!!
WOW!! the desert is almost in bloom!!! ocotillos out of PP in full bloom and little yellow flowers all over in the side of the road, this year rains defenitelly are going to give us a show!!
It has been a while since I saw the dunes into town green!!

Last edited:

Terry C

Ink, I noticed that too coming back on Monday. Must of been 40 motor homes heading down all out of state lic plates...

ernesto

That's because it's alot cheaper to rent a p.o. box in another state that doesn'y have the big fees to register vehicles like AZ and register your vehicle there.. I have a few friends that do this and they have outa state plates. When you have a vehicle worth 150k plus it can make a big difference. Doesn't mean they all are from that state.

To add to Eric's I saw lines of RV waiting for their insurance at Lukeville, amazing and then caravans of dozens of them going down to RP in both sides, USA and Mexico, and even more amazing is that the grand majority had canadian license plates, it seems that our canadian counterparts have "NO FEAR" and obviously the economy is getting better and I am sure that if they can do it we too can do it!! QUOTE]

I'm in Tucson right now and on the drive up I wanted to cry or cuss or both from seeing so many RVs that obviously weren't buying their insurance from me. Oh well, sniff...snivel...snort...thank goodness for Snowbirds.

Hey, anyone out here in Tucson? I've been running around like a lost puppy for two days now! I did meet GringoZona in person. Fun guy with lots of energy. Going to Phoenix after this to promote spring break. Anyone here have media contacts who would like to do an interview (hard one, not fluffy) about safety issues and our 24-hr assistance for tourists? If so, let me know asap. Temporary phone number here is: 480.286.0381.

We do...although Paty and Florencia sometimes get bogged down with stuff and tend to cut it a little close for my comfort. I'll send an email and tell them heads will roll unless they DO IT RIGHT NOW! I love being the boss...