Federales still checking cars heading north

dirtsurfer

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
I was not selected but there was long line of people waiting for the Federal inspection for people heading north. The inspection is just south of the border. This from a friend who crossed earlier today: "30 minutes wait at Mexican inspection still 20 cars ahead of us before the station then US border with no wait at this pace . Really asinine inspection going out of Mexico"

Last edited:

brokenwave

Well Known Member
I wonder if they're doing it at other border crossings, Ex. San Luis, Nogales, Tijuana? The answer would possibly help determine what's going on.

dirtsurfer

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
Not sure what the are doing, maybe just giving their guys a job to do. I love the Mexican people but bleed sorrow for their corruption, government and especially their plight with the cartels.

Estero

Well Known Member
I wonder if they're doing it at other border crossings, Ex. San Luis, Nogales, Tijuana? The answer would possibly help determine what's going on.
No check points in TJ or San Luis or Mexicali when going North. The checkpoint at El Doctor just North of El Golfo has always been there and one Sunday I got stuck in a 2+ hour wait so I try and avoid traveling back on Sundays if I can.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
No check points in TJ or San Luis or Mexicali when going North. The checkpoint at El Doctor just North of El Golfo has always been there and one Sunday I got stuck in a 2+ hour wait so I try and avoid traveling back on Sundays if I can.
Sounds like Sonoyta must be a hot spot for what ever they are searching cars for.