Fiesta de Marina

Does anyone have information about the upcoming Fiesta de Marina? I'd like to run at least a short bit about it, but can't find much about it. Is that the fishing festival that starts on Navy Day? Replete with mariachis, folk dance and a festival queen?

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Its an all encompassing period of time from June 1 to the 20th and I will find something for you if you give me a few minutes

Manny Sanchez

Vir sapit qui pauca loqui
From the www.cometorockypoint.com/events.html

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Marina Fair 2010[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]:[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Date: May 21st thru June 7th
Place & Time: Puerto Peñasco.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For more information please call: MEX 638-384-0061 Vicky de Cuadras : event coordinator.[/FONT]
[/FONT]

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
According to some local ads the festival coincides with the Jenni Rivera concert in June so they may have extended it a bit at the last minute. The banners around town point to a longer date of duration. If you would like a photo of the banner let me know and I will have one to you tomorrow

According to some local ads the festival coincides with the Jenni Rivera concert in June so they may have extended it a bit at the last minute. The banners around town point to a longer date of duration. If you would like a photo of the banner let me know and I will have one to you tomorrow
I'd love a photo! Thanks, Russ. A quick google says the Jenni Rivera concert will be on June 18 at the Hacienda La Cordobesa?

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
In the amphitheater at Hacienda de Cordobesa there are 7 rows of tables in the VIP section. The first 3 rows are 18 tables of 10 seats So each rows represents 180 seats at 1900 peso per seat - as of last Wednesday Row 1 is sold out, row 2 - 11 of 18 tables are sold, row 3 - 13 tables are sold, row 4 has 20 tables or 200 seats and 8 tables are sold, row 5 has 22 tables and 6 tables are sold, row 6 has 24 tables and are available and row 7 is 24 tables and available. Behind the VIP section in the right and left wings there is 600 seats in section BB (right side) and there are 600 seats in CC (left side, these tickets are 500 pesos each and they are selling fast. General admission is all sand area no seats and the tix are 250 pesos each, not sure how many of those are sold but I think I can see just as good as those seats and I live 20 miles away This is a huge concert to bring to Penasco Miguel from Privada has hit a home run with this one. Me thinks the entire VIP section will sell out prior to the show. I will post a picture of the banners later for whoever is interested

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
OK....I'll bite....

Who the hell is Miguel, and where is Hacenda de Cordobesa????

You're welcome, Russ!:stir:
Thanks Joe,

Miguel owns a few things in town one of them being Puerta Privada, as well he owns a facility on the outskirts of town on the road to Caborca but only 20 minutes or so from Penasco named Hacienda de Cordobesa. It is named after the place where was born. He has facilities out there for small to large events and is actively promoting such events to locals and throughout Sonora. It is a positive step and a great facility, you should check it out. Here is video for one of the events
you're welcome Joe!

Last edited:
I think I've seen it from the road going down to Playa san Gorge.....

I thought the condo owners at Privada "owned" it????:stir:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
The point was that you stated that he OWNED Puerta Privada.....??????????????????????????????????????????????
Still missing the point Joe

"Puerta Privada is located on beautiful "Sandy Beach" between Las Palomas Sea Side Golf Community and the Sonoran Sky. The property was formerly Palmar RV Park, and was owned by Carlos Saenz. He partnered with Miguel Guevara and formed Quinta San Carlos which developed Puerta Privada. Miguel Guevara was the project director for Condominiums Pinacate, Princesa de Peñasco, Sonoran Spa Resort, and Sonoran Sea Resort. Miguel was also a partner in Sonoran Sea Resort. The sales director was Mary Snyder. This was the 5th high rise, condominium project for the Guevara/Snyder development team. Experience has been the key to our success."

Joe I try really hard to never lie about things but thanks for keeping me on my toes!

Last edited:
I see the distinction between being the developer and the OWNER....since the condos are OWNED by individuals (and whoever holds their note ha ha ha)......

Interesting info...on Carlos Saenz....since I used to stay at Palmar RV park....and the although he was a local "builder", it was rumored that he didn't have a pot to piss in, except for money he got from his US resident brothers, who were also supposedly builders....so he provided the land, and Miguel provided the financing???????

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I see the distinction between being the developer and the OWNER....since the condos are OWNED by individuals (and whoever holds their note ha ha ha)......

Interesting info...on Carlos Saenz....since I used to stay at Palmar RV park....and the although he was a local "builder", it was rumored that he didn't have a pot to piss in, except for money he got from his US resident brothers, who were also supposedly builders....so he provided the land, and Miguel provided the financing???????
There were a lot of very wealthy people created in the last run up. Previous lives don't matter. We all have a vested interest in this community from us poor gr in gos to the wealthy and everybody in between. I remember when I didn't have pot to piss in...but I do own land.