Fishin oct 2, 3 big bummer

VonDog

El Pescador
Sorry folks - Due to unforseen circumstances and that hillary b#&#^, I won't be able to get the boat out this trip:happens: But I will be down there Thurs evening til Sun morning. Just have to shore fish. probably towards the point from sandy beach off the rocks. Will post again when I need a boat ho! Thanks for the replies.

Hey Mark
If we make it I also will be shore fishing. I also have 2 blow up pontoon boats we can use if you want. I have not checked Bouy weather today but it was not looking to bad.

Hey Mark
Well I just got word on my truck and I will not be able to make it down this weekend at all unless a miracle happens at the dodge repair shop. And you know the odds of that.
We are going to try to head down mid next week for 4 or 5 days * I Hope.
We still want to go so keep us in mind for next time. Thanks Bill and Edna

audsley

Speaking of shore fishing, a friend of mine plans to try fly fishing in a couple of weeks at the usual shore fishing locations. That would be La Pinta, north of Sandy Beach and possible around Cholla Bay. I'm not recommending this, but he's determined to try flies, so what do you think he might catch besides a sunburn? I'm guessing sand bass by the droves, but what about flounder or triggers?

Also, have there been many corvina hanging around Rocky Point waters lately? I'll be throwing silver Kastmasters with a spinning rod hoping to show him what some real fish look like. I'm thinking October might be a good month for corvina, but it's a weird year.

I have seen guys fly fishing from floaty tubes at the south side of whale hill and they were catching corvina... I have also caught them in the same location on my kayak just using a castmaster or anything shiny...

VonDog

El Pescador
Hey Mark
Well I just got word on my truck and I will not be able to make it down this weekend at all unless a miracle happens at the dodge repair shop. And you know the odds of that.
We are going to try to head down mid next week for 4 or 5 days * I Hope.
We still want to go so keep us in mind for next time. Thanks Bill and Edna
Sorry to hear about your truck. I'll keep you in mind cause I hate looking on the side of the house and seeing my boat just sitting there. I need to get it in the water and hopefully soon!