Fishing 11/9/13

dmcauley

Felipe and I have been out to the deep reefs the last couple of weekends and have been killing the halibut and also large black sea bass among other species. This new forum hasn't been allowing us to post fotos but I will try again after this weekends fishing

ReelHard

grouper slayer
awesome job dan. hope to see those photos soon. have you been getting any grouper at all. keep me informed. Weather has been windy here. so not a whole lot of fishing going on.

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
We had a good day on 11/9... 8 Butts, 10 Goldspots and two Blackies- one 60lb, and one 130lb. Something else I noticed- there were ZERO whitefish out there.

The day was especially good for me since I finally killed the gremlin that was infecting my Starboard engine - it turned out to be a low oil pressure alarm that must have been a clogged oil filter- spinning on a new oil filter cleared it right up.

Dan, Audi and I got so close on a couple drifts that we probably looked more like bumper boats out there...

Something else I noticed- there were ZERO whitefish out there.

audsley

Do whitefish in the ocean have another name? the only whitefish I'm familiar with are in Montana trout streams.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Whitefish aka "rabbitfish"... I haven't seen them of late, either. Perhaps when the water gets colder? They can be really thick at times, but are very good eating.

dmcauley

We caught many rabbit fish, along with 26 halibut, 3 black sea bass, 2 pintos and lots of gold spots on Saturday aboard the Josefina and the previous weeks were pretty much the same. My problem is that I can't post pics on this new format. We cut the rabbit fish up for bait