Fishing Guide Services

Hello all, new on here, so thanks for having me!

I am going down to Rocky Point on November 7th to get married. I would like to go fishing November 5th if possible, and take up to 10-15 people total, it will be my bachelor party. I would prefer an experienced guide service that does full day trips, and only fishing. I don't want a tour guide service that owns rods, I want someone who will put us on the fish. Two 20-30' center console boats to fit everyone are fine, and inshore is fine. We are after grouper, sea bass, trout, dorado, flounder, rooster, etc. Not interested in trolling all day for a billfish. I grew up fishing in the gulf (south Texas coast) and I really prefer inshore/bay fishing, but going out to fish a reef would be ok too.

Any direction/referrals are greatly appreciated. This is going to be a really fun chance to get me, my dad, father-in-law and friends out on the water to have a good time! Thanks in advance!

Best,
Kurt

Kelney

Kurt
Good thing your not interested in trolling because you will not find much in Rocky Point, particularly in November. Rocky Point is primarily a bottom fishery. In that season you may connect with WSB, grouper and maybe flounder. There are also opportunities for snapper and pinto bass. If you wind up doing an inshore fishing trip, you will catch mostly small bass and triggers. Lots of action but just not much size. In the previous post the About Time was mentioned and looks to probably be your best option. You can contact http://www.rockypointboattrips.com/ for assistance in booking something for your crew.

In RP you have to remember that inshore fishing is about the fishing not the catching big fish. Do remember the Rock Bass and the Triggers are a lot of fun even though they are not very large. Most of all just have fun fishing and enjoying the town.
Best to you and your new bride

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I understand your needs and request, but you won't find that kind of fishing on those kind of boats for charter. Some of us private boaters have those boats, but not for that capacity. As said, go with About Time and just have some fun with your buddies. You may or may not get a couple of nice pinto bass or grouper, but you can definitely catch a lot of Pacifico fish in the meantime. :D

dmcauley

Stuart is right. Those of us who own our private boats go out 40-50 miles to land the bigger fish but the about time is the only boat big enough for all of you. Adolpho can be persuaded to go out 40 miles but that gets expensive and no guarantees. He is a great fisherman and will put you on fish but your expectations are high.

I am going down to Rocky Point on November 7th to get married. I would like to go fishing November 5th if possible, and take up to 10-15 people total, it will be my bachelor party. I would prefer an experienced guide service that does full day trips, and only fishing. I don't want a tour guide service that owns rods, I want someone who will put us on the fish. Two 20-30' center console boats to fit everyone are fine, and inshore is fine. We are after grouper, sea bass, trout, dorado, flounder, rooster, etc. Not interested in trolling all day for a billfish. I grew up fishing in the gulf (south Texas coast) and I really prefer inshore/bay fishing, but going out to fish a reef would be ok too.

Any direction/referrals are greatly appreciated. This is going to be a really fun chance to get me, my dad, father-in-law and friends out on the water to have a good time! Thanks in advance!

Best,
Kurt
Francisco knows his stuff!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Best,
Kurt
How did your fishing trip go?

Fishing trip went great! Went with Adolfo on the About Time, he is a great guy, great captain, and a great fisherman! Will definitely be our go to for Rocky Point!

Caught some triggers, a decent size grouper and a decent size pinto bass.