fishing locations

Just bought a small boat last year and am ready to go fishing but would like some locations to start out with. Have fish finder/gps but it is a big place out there. I know most of you have your favorite spots but maybe some would like to share a few.:cool:

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Define "small" please. I have plenty of locations I can share with you; just depends on how seaworthy/far you are willing to go. Most common ones are within 10 to 12 miles of the harbor or Cholla Bay. There are plenty further out, as well.

BootNHat

I think it would be nice is GPS co-ordinates were given. The forum will not let you search for GPS because it is too small. I can think of several three letter words that might be helpful in a search.

playaperro

El Pirata
Your best bet would be to ask Villa the boat launcher over at Cholla to get the best and most recent hot spots, Kind of grumpy looking guy but extremely helpful if he launches your boat.

Jim

Villa is a great guy and he only looks grumpy. It's part of his charm when you find out that he really isn't. He will wake up at 3:00 a.m. and give you the shirt off his back to help you out. I have known Villa for a very long time and my wife and I are God Parents to his kids. He's also a total professional on that launcher. I've seen him going 15 MPH missing poles and boat trailers by a couple inches. If you want to know where the fish are, he's the guy to ask.

Sorry my small boat is a 17 foot boston whaler with a 100 horse outboard and has been gone thru to bring it up to snuff so it is very sea worthy. Will get over to cb and talk to the guys.

garyd

Sorry my small boat is a 17 foot boston whaler with a 100 horse outboard and has been gone thru to bring it up to snuff so it is very sea worthy. Will get over to cb and talk to the guys.
I don't claim to be a Boston Whaler expert but I've been out when the weather turned and I'm not sure I would feel good in a 17 foot boat but I'm sure there are many here that have more expieriance than me. IMHO

azfish

I don't claim to be a Boston Whaler expert but I've been out when the weather turned and I'm not sure I would feel good in a 17 foot boat but I'm sure there are many here that have more expieriance than me. IMHO
you cant sink a boston whaler a 100 hp on a 17' I would say keep your eyes and ears open and have a weather radio with you. you should be able to beat the storm in.

playaperro

El Pirata
I asked Happy and got these gps locals from him, Hooch give him a shot he says @ [email protected]
Sure, always will help a fisherman, especially a beginner, ~ ~ ~ these are all from the Playa De Oro boat ramp, ...

N 31 13 998
W 113 32 542 .... 4.39 miles

N 31 13 154
W 113 29 994 ....5.74 miles

N 31 13 225
W 113 40 455 ....8.66 miles

N 31 10 599
W 113 37 299 ....8.25 .... miles

N 31 20 497
W 113 39 916 .... 8.36 miles .......... Pelican Point area

N 31 10 231
W 113 41 486 ....11.2 miles

N 31 22 530
W 113 55 800 .... 15.5 miles ........ good one

Tell him to go over by the tanks ~ ~ ~ just past Las Conchas, ~ ~ ~ two tall black smoke stacks, ... 1/4 mile from shore to a couple miles, ~ ~ ~ fish all around this area, some good holes there
Tank area ... start here,
N 31 15 149
W 113 22 373 .... 10 miles .......... good spot to start fishing, I've caught Grouper, & Pargo, trolling this area

These spots will put plenty of fish in his boat,

HAPPY,

Thanks guys for some locations will post a photo of the boat when I uncover it today. Hopefully the wind will let down and We can get out and catch some dinner. Oh by the way we are in Playa Bonita rv 10 so if your around stop in and have a cold one.
Steve

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Thanks guys for some locations will post a photo of the boat when I uncover it today. Hopefully the wind will let down and We can get out and catch some dinner. Oh by the way we are in Playa Bonita rv 10 so if your around stop in and have a cold one.
Steve
Take me on the boat, I have money

I asked Happy and got these gps locals from him, Hooch give him a shot he says @ [email protected]

Tell him to go over by the tanks ~ ~ ~ just past Las Conchas, ~ ~ ~ two tall black smoke stacks, ... 1/4 mile from shore to a couple miles, ~ ~ ~ fish all around this area, some good holes there
Tank area ... start here,
N 31 15 149
W 113 22 373 .... 10 miles .......... good spot to start fishing, I've caught Grouper, & Pargo, trolling this area

These spots will put plenty of fish in his boat,

HAPPY,

Is this over by Morua Estuary?