Fishing on the 30th and the 2nd

Got my boat in the water Friday at 11:45 P.M. had to have a high tide, went fishing Sat and skunked out at Desomboque, Brent and myself stoped at a rock on the way back in and caught some pintas and leopards, nothing big 10 to 12lbs...Went fishing again on Tuesday the 1st went to some rocks Brent knows and picked up some nice goldspots, about noon Brent hooked up to a large fish after a while a 116lb blackseabass comes into the boat I then hooked up to one that broke the 200lb braid, I rerigged and dropped again, after 15 minutes then hooked up to a large fish, turned out to be a 200plus blackseabass no way to weigh it since my scale only goes to 150lb. gave the blacks to the guys at the marina they seemed to sell those fish and help themselves out a bit, things are pretty slow in town right now004.jpg

ReelHard

grouper slayer
nice fish. those blacks are really a good fight. glad you guys were able to get in some good fishing. hope to join you some time on that fishing machine.
i will be down this up coming weekend. see you then

Boat is running great, at 23 to 24 I am getting 1mpg, thats what I would get with the Grady, if I slow her down to 12 to 15 it might do alot better

Kelney

Great fish. Also love your Big Daddy sticker emblem! Curious, what type of rod/reel equipment did you use to bring in the big fish?

I lucked out, i was trying a Shimano Tiagra 80 with a tuna stick, they pull very hard but it was no match for that rod and reel combo