Fishing report Feb 7th.

YumaJames

Well Known Member
What the hell? I started this thread to share the great time I had fishing, got a few positive replies, shared a couple fishing GPS coordinates, and now guys are scrapping and arguing about commas, punctuation, and emoticons. My 16 year daughter cares about that stuff, and guess what, when I'm on my boat I don't give the slightest crap about commas, punctuation, and emoticons. Like Stuart said and I 100% agree, THE FISHING FORUM IS SACRED so lets keep it sacred. I'm not aiming at anyone specific, but if anyone wants to scrap about emoticons and punctuation then move on over to Rants and Raves. Its my thread, I own it, so this thread is only for those who want to talk about fishing in a positive way.

Thank you,

James.

Last edited:

Hillbeartoe

Well Known Member
Ok, obviously my attempt at humor has gone array. Guess others don't find me as funny as I find myself.

At one point I was defending your catch and your thread. Now I am guilty of contributing to it's delinquency. Therefore I apologize and beg your forgiveness.

Sorry Mr. Yuma

YumaJames

Well Known Member
No problem, Hillbeartoe, wasn't aimed at you or anyone specific. Just wanted to steer the topic back to fishing, that's all. Thx.

Last edited:

Kenny

Well Known Member
All and all it's not a bad thing to stop and take a look at our own practices out on the water. Like James I was out on the 51 when it got hot and heavy and we caught a obscene amount of fish. Everything from flounder to a Skip jack with a good sized Squid thrown in for good measure. We were so caught up with the killing and eating that was going on down there that in a sense, we became part of it. No question that we were over the limit and knew it, but it was like being, I don't know, just caught up in it. It was a bite of a lifetime and we dropped until the sun went down! Of course the fish were not wasted but still... I wouldn't do it again and I'm still a little surprised and a little ashamed that I did. Being human I guess.

YumaJames

Well Known Member
Nice fish Hillbeartoe, those are awesome pan fried.

Your above post was perfect, Kenny, agree with you 100%. When they start hitting it's impossible to stop. Let's be honest, I've rarely seen a boat come back from Area 51 within their limits, but then again they're not that much over. It all gets eaten and I may be wrong, but I don't think sport fishing has much of an impact in the Rocky Point area in comparison to commercial fishing. Every hunter and fisherman I've met recognizes and practices conservation, we love Mother Nature that's why we're out there, maybe we go a little over our limits at times, but really in the big picture I dont think its that big of a deal.

JimMcG

Well Known Member
Ok, obviously my attempt at humor has gone array. Guess others don't find me as funny as I find myself.

At one point I was defending your catch and your thread. Now I am guilty of contributing to it's delinquency. Therefore I apologize and beg your forgiveness.

Sorry Mr. Yuma
No worries here either Mr H. for what it's worth.:)

Kenny

Well Known Member
yeah just remember all the times you didn't get limits or anything at all. I have fished many a time and got nothing but a good lesson on what not to do to catch fish.Leigh
Well we sure made up for the bad day's Leigh. We filled two underdeck fish holds, one on each side; the coffin ice chest and there were fish tails sticking up out of the live bait well! The Gods smiled at us one the way back in the dark though. There was plankton in the water and the splash off the bow and the prop wash were luminous and sparkling in the moons glow. It was beautiful.
Oh, and we hit port during high tide and we could almost pull right up to the ramp at Cholla. The fish were cleaned right there on the wall and more than few of the locals and probably some gawker's as well took fresh fish home with them.

asprinkles

Well Known Member
Wow sounds like a once in a lifetime trip. Very cool. I've had a couple in Lobos and San Diego also. Everything works out just so right that you wonder if life is going to end or something. Leigh

Roberto

Well Known Member
All and all it's not a bad thing to stop and take a look at our own practices out on the water. Like James I was out on the 51 when it got hot and heavy and we caught a obscene amount of fish. Everything from flounder to a Skip jack with a good sized Squid thrown in for good measure. We were so caught up with the killing and eating that was going on down there that in a sense, we became part of it. No question that we were over the limit and knew it, but it was like being, I don't know, just caught up in it. It was a bite of a lifetime and we dropped until the sun went down! Of course the fish were not wasted but still... I wouldn't do it again and I'm still a little surprised and a little ashamed that I did. Being human I guess.
Maybe you should cross post this to the discussion about addictions ??!!:eek::D:rolleyes:

Kenny

Well Known Member
Maybe you should cross post this to the discussion about addictions ??!!:eek::D:rolleyes:
Well if we're going to go in that direction, I guess you could say I was on a binge but that was a aberration for me and it's not been repeated. It was the way most everyone fish out of Cholla when I was a kid, so it could have been a long ago learned behavior that resurfaced like some dormant disease. Or it could just be a character defect.:(