Fishing report Feb 7th.

YumaJames

PPRES: Its not worth my time and effort to reply to someone like you. I hope someday you become a better, happier person and get more out of life.

JWT

User is currently banned
PPRES

to hillbeartoe:

You sound vindictive and mean. We don't talk derisively about anyone here. Why do you? Does it make you feel better?

Our mission here is to help Penasco grow and prosper to benefit its residents and it's responsible tourists. Overfishing is not acceptable by and to anyone.

It appears you are happier waiting for other people to mention fishing abuses or catching over limits before you have any interest in the subject. Ok, we understand your concern. JWT

There she, it or whatever JWT is with that "we" crap again.
Still waiting for the people you speak for to grow a pair and speak for themselves.
A lot of people that fish down there fish for several months worth of flesh and properly frozen have 6-9 months of shelf life.
No one else here with much more experience and clout than your own have said a word about any abuse of "our" waters as you refer to them nor any comment of bag limits.
Crawl back in your hole and wait to reply to something you actually know about, maybe gate codes or something.

"she, it or whatever JWT is"

I would never use that as an insult as you have done before. I say this as to the speculation that you are not who you claim to be.

I know that I keep allowing myself to get dragged into your posts that make it seem as you are speaking for more than yourself.
It is myself allowing myself to sink to your level and I will accept responsibility for that.

That being said, I still think that it is you that are berating a fellow forum member having drawn very positive attention to their thread in an attempt to make them look bad.

You have accused and once again talked down to another forum member and it's gets under my skin. Probably always will.

Sound as you actually have the very traits you accuse me of, making us equal.

JWT

User is currently banned
PPRES: Its not worth my time and effort to reply to someone like you. I hope someday you become a better, happier person and get more out of life.
You seem derisive, like other tourist posters here when their contra-Penasco posts are questioned.

You do not deny it, so the overkill of fish in your photo was at your hands. Congratulations.

hillbearto says the fillets will be fine in your freezer for up to 9 months !

If our opinion of your overfishing, above, is wrong, tell us all why it's wrong. Us folks who live here don't want to discourage responsible tourists, but we will defend what we have from folks plundering our waters and then bragging about their exploits. Bragging is fine, except when it might encourage others who are wanting to emulate in our waters.

Are you a supporter of Penasco fishing?

JWT

User is currently banned
"she, it or whatever JWT is"

I would never use that as an insult as you have done before. I say this as to the speculation that you are not who you claim to be.

I know that I keep allowing myself to get dragged into your posts that make it seem as you are speaking for more than yourself.
It is myself allowing myself to sink to your level and I will accept responsibility for that.

That being said, I still think that it is you that are berating a fellow forum member having drawn very positive attention to their thread in an attempt to make them look bad.

You have accused and once again talked down to another forum member and it's gets under my skin. Probably always will.

Sound as you actually have the very traits you accuse me of, making us equal.

Can you send this again in more clear Spanish or English? ...not sure about what you are saying. If you are drinking tonight, tomorrow when you sober up will be fine.

Your creative writing skills are failing you.

BTW, 50 pounds per car non commercial is the law.
Assuming he and his few buddies were all in the same car, what was on the table in the photo once all is said and done might have been 50lbs. maybe a little more. Even split 3 ways well within the law and if they weren't all in the same vehicle no laws have been broken.

No caviar, Tuna or anchovies which are subject to quota, again no bag limits nor laws have been broken.

JWT

User is currently banned
PPRES

REPLY TO Sr Enstein

I hate to break the news to you, Einstein, but USA customs rules are not the law in Mx. What you are allowed to take to USA has nothing to do with what you can fish for here. Believe it or not, Mx is a different country.

Can you try for better posts? We want to hear from you if it's a bit more informed.

'

Inform me then. What are bag limits per species, boat and person?

Each fisherman is permitted to catch up to ten (10) fish per day, weight irrelevant. Definitely not 40 on that table.

Last edited:

JWT

User is currently banned
Check your Mx fishing license for the latest limits.

Oh, you have never bought one?

What is this nonsense? Mexico has the audacity to require fishing licenses from us Americans? How dare they ?

Did you not read : "Can you try for better posts? We want to hear from you if it's a bit more informed. "

You can do better.

Only one rod or line with hook is permitted in the water, per person, but there is no restriction regarding the number of replacement items.
The fishing license allows you to capture only fin fish. It does not allow you to capture any mollusks or crustaceans, and their capture by anyone is strictly prohibited. Totuava, turtles and marine mammals are under protection of the Ministry and may not be captured at any time.
Share with:

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on email Share on print More Sharing Services 54
The exception to this rule is Marlin, Sailfish and Swordfish and Shark, of which only one (1) of each is allowed, and which counts as five (5) toward the overall ten (10) fish limit.
[URL='http://www.bajainsider.com/baja-california-travel/baja-adventures/fishing/mexicanfishingregulations.html']
Additionally Dorado, Roosterfish, Shad, or Tarpon, of which only two (2) of each species are allowed, and which count as five (5) toward the overall 10 fish limit.
Like we said, a little confusing so here are some example of daily limits. Remember you can always come back tomorrow.
Bag Limits
Ok, so here goes the fishing regulations are like this, The daily limit is ten fish per permit holder.
Sounds simple enough but it get´s complicated when you start catching fish like Marlin or Dorado or Shark.
In ocean waters and estuaries the limit is a total of ten (10) fish per day, with no more than five (5) catches of a single species.
Examples of Daily Limit
• One Marlin and 2 Dorado or
• One Sailfish and One Marlin or
• 2 Dorado and 2 Roosterfish or
• One Shark and One Marlin or
• One Marlin and 5 Amberjack
From Bajainsider.com[/URL]

jerry

You seem derisive, like other tourist posters here when their contra-Penasco posts are questioned.

You do not deny it, so the overkill of fish in your photo was at your hands. Congratulations.

hillbearto says the fillets will be fine in your freezer for up to 9 months !

If our opinion of your overfishing, above, is wrong, tell us all why it's wrong. Us folks who live here don't want to discourage responsible tourists, but we will defend what we have from folks plundering our waters and then bragging about their exploits. Bragging is fine, except when it might encourage others who are wanting to emulate in our waters.

Are you a supporter of Penasco fishing?
this is nothing compared to the commercial guys...fish away boys!

Roberto

Well, JWT...

You just didn't listen. Instead, you come into the ONE forum here I hold sacred and start stirring things up. Bye!
Well...The nerve of a NON PPRES banning a PPRES, and using bad language to boot. Guess the forum will go to rot now:eek::eek:

<bad language corrected... pardon me!>

Last edited by a moderator:
Or not lol.

I was totally envious of the fish he caught and would love to try a goathead fish. Can't believe that persons nerve.

Ty Stuart.

The over take also bothers me. The limits are to low but there is a reasonable amount and that amount is up to you.
The rely bad thing I see are the netters working the just off shore on the first reef. They take everything that get in the net AND MOST OF THESE ARE BABY FISH.
No younger fish surviving no larger fish to catch.
In front of PDO rv park it is not uncommon to see hand laid nets about 100 ft long from shore out and not just one but several.