Fishing This Past Weekend - 6/8/9/10

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
There wasn't any. It just blew and blew and blew with whitecaps as far as the eye could see. Saturday, we measured windspeed on the 5th floor of Puerta Privada with a Kestrel - low gust of 14, high of 21 steady average of 17.5 mph.

At the Roger Clyne show Sat. night, the cat El Gato Loco was anchored just off the beach. I took one look at how badly it was pitching and rolling and thought "Now there's a pukefest!" If that anchor pulled, they would have been beached in less than a minute. Kind of scary in the dark!

Time was well-spent putting a new bait tank pump in the boat (always a "fun" chore -- NOT). And the breeze kept the temps fairly cool all weekend.

Kelney

Could you not find Jose for the bait pump install? That litttle dude can crawl into some tight spaces.

Ahh the wind, reminds me of days of old. Knock on wood, I have been fairly lucky over the last 3-4 years or so. I swore I was cursed before that.

By the way, is my boat cover still on?

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Hah... bait pumps must be passing around some communicable disease - I was swapping one of mine out last weekend as well- although I was doing it in 110 degree heat at home...

Pisser you couldn't get out and soak a bait. We're giving it a shot this coming weekend. Sunday looks like it might be ok, but you just never know with those south-winds do ya...?

dmcauley

I'm looking at Sunday also, damn the wind, full speed ahaid. With so few fishing days, Sundays tides are looking tempting.