Found great new restaurant: Taco Chile!

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
We went to a restaurant off the beaten path, Taco Chile. Off of Josepha, north of Leys, turn east. Drive over the speed bumps a couple of blocks on the north side of the road is Taco Chile, the best tacos we've had in Penasco. Also, the ambience is truly Mexican, everything recycled in cute "barrio" style. I highly recommend trying it out!20201106_144227.jpg

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Tacos Poblano here longtime fan. When you're the only gringos in the place, you're at the RIGHT place!

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
We used to eat all the time at Poblanos, that was our go to taco stand, but like this better- more Sonoran vs. Tijuanan, but both are great

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
Tijuanan look like ice cream cones with onions, cilantro, and avocados, and served on corn tortillas. Sonoran it seems are more smokey and the meat is seasoned more and usually flour tortillas.

rplarry

Well Known Member
Tijuanan look like ice cream cones with onions, cilantro, and avocados, and served on corn tortillas. Sonoran it seems are more smokey and the meat is seasoned more and usually flour tortillas.
interesting

I spent some decent time in Tijuana in college, but didn’t pay much attention to the cuisine unless it was a bacon wrapped hot dog stand at 1am heading back to the border !

Thanks for the clarification

Petrose

I stay away from these outside venues during fly invasions witch is so prevent. Never been so sick as I got one time eating at a chicken place on Calli 13. Two weeks before I could shit solid. No longer my idea of fine dining.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Will have to try... Not to jack the thread but I guess since we're talking food, anyone like La Vaca Birria?????

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
We went there again, and the owner was so happy. Its partially enclosed for the winter, delicious and incredibly cute. He gave us a drink called something like Pinocito, made of sugar cane- really good 20201204_175149.jpg20201204_174007.jpg20201204_175059.jpg20201204_173431.jpg20201204_174236.jpg

brokenwave

Well Known Member
We went by today around 11AM they were closed. I guess I need to go there for dinner now. It
looks great, it's a really cute set-up they have there.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
That's Asadero Taco Chile

We drove by it in early June at 3pm, it was closed.
A local friend told me it's pretty good in his opinion and It's only open Fri-Sun on weekends 6-11pm..