Fresh Corn on the cob

tortuga

I've never seen sweet corn here. All that I have seen is what we called field corn in Missouri. It's OK but not near as good as sweet corn on the cob. That said there is a truck at the corner of Melchor Ocampo and Vincente Guerrero that sells ears of corn. Also Sam's Club sells frozen corn on the cob that is pretty good.

Landshark

There is fresh local sweet corn available here in the Phx area now. Take some with you. You won't get more than a couple of years if you get caught!

I was at shopping at Super Ley and they had fresh corn in the produce section. Fresh is a term I would not have used for this particular corn. :| I would choose Sam's to be on the safe side.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Yanno, it's kind of weird... but I don't think corn on the cob is a Mexican thing. Stopped into Food City locally here Memorial Day for a melon, ice and stuff and not a single ear of sweet corn in the store. WalMart had it, all the other stores had it, but not Food City. Made me wonder.

Anybody???

mondone

Whitecaps
Yanno, it's kind of weird... but I don't think corn on the cob is a Mexican thing. Stopped into Food City locally here Memorial Day for a melon, ice and stuff and not a single ear of sweet corn in the store. WalMart had it, all the other stores had it, but not Food City. Made me wonder.

Anybody???
The elote food truck that was (and maybe still is) on the beach in front of Las Gaviotas condos has great, sweet corn-on-a-stick slathered with butter and grated cheese. Haven't been over in those parts for a few years now.

Encanto

I have wondered the same thing Stuart.

We always bring corn for our boils down with us. Fresh when its in season and Green Giant frozen when its not.

Never found any good corn in Penaso; yet the corn at the Elote stands is pretty good and plenty of locals seem to enjoy the corn on the cob. I still don't get the whole Mayo on the corn deal, though.

Anybody???

Thank you for the comments If I can get 50 extra ears across without going to jail i may have some for sale wish me luck.

Roberto

True that the Mexican corn is nothing like the highly developed so called 'Sweet Corn' you all get up there. Seems to be popular as a snack from the street vendors and those that buy it love it. Try it , you might like it, it's Mexican style and you are in Mexico after alll !!