Gas Barbecue and Carne Asada

mis2810

We're bringing down a gas barbecue soon with an empty tank of gas. Where can you go to get the tank filled?

Also, where is a good place to buy carne asada already prepared for the grill? Does the Cedesa store sell it prepared?
Thanks.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Oh man I have a treat for you.

I am not sure where you live in RP but getting LP is easy on Samuel Ocaña on the way out to Sandy Beach.

Arrecherra....this will be your favorite thing to put in your body once you taste it. Available at Super Ley in the butcher shop in the cooler in front of the actual butcher shop, top left corner in a vacuum sealed packet, it is marinaded, it is aged, it is super easy to cook and you will not believe you can eat the whole thing in a setting - but you will. It will cost you about 100 pesos per 1/2 kilo. Try it! It is sooooo tender and flavorful you will wonder how you go this far in life without it.

Gotta go now- to Super Ley!

mis2810

Oh man I have a treat for you.

I am not sure where you live in RP but getting LP is easy on Samuel Ocaña on the way out to Sandy Beach.

Arrecherra....this will be your favorite thing to put in your body once you taste it. Available at Super Ley in the butcher shop in the cooler in front of the actual butcher shop, top left corner in a vacuum sealed packet, it is marinaded, it is aged, it is super easy to cook and you will not believe you can eat the whole thing in a setting - but you will. It will cost you about 100 pesos per 1/2 kilo. Try it! It is sooooo tender and flavorful you will wonder how you go this far in life without it.

Gotta go now- to Super Ley!
So easy! I love that I can get carne asada at a place where I will already be making a stop! So on Ocana I can get propane for the tank? Hate to be stupid but what do you mean by LP?

Kea

Agree 100% that arrachera (marinaded skirt steak) is absolutely the best tasting most wonderful food! Our favorite brand is SuKarne which is available at Super Ley and sometimes Sam's Club (they also carry other brands). But we usually get it at the Su Karne store across from La Curva. Prices are better. If I remember correctly, it was around $125 pesos / kg a few months ago.

And I'm glad you'll be cooking on the grill. We cooked it on the stove once and it wasn't nearly as good.

¡Provecho!

Look for the Zagas stations, there are 5 that I know of, one is next to a Pemex on Benito Juarez at Sam Ocana about 5-6 blocks north of the Sam's Club/Walmart.
There are 2 more propane stations on the northern edge of town past the old airport on the main highway.

I am coming back tomorrow to RP and I will stop at Super Ley and buy the Arrecherra, do you have a favorite brand of guacamole?

mis2810

Ahem.....no self respecting Mexican would grill with propane. You gotta buy carbon and do it right. Total different taste. I'm surprised your husband puts up with that.
Carbon is dirty and I don't want that on my balcony, and the grills at Las Palmas are small, and always in use and or dirty. I agree with you about the taste difference, but the convenience of having the grill on the balcony rules. I promise I will still make homeade salsas, rice, and beans.

mis2810

I am coming back tomorrow to RP and I will stop at Super Ley and buy the Arrecherra, do you have a favorite brand of guacamole?
Favorite brand of guacamole is always going to be homemade. But, at Super Ley at the prepared foods counter you can buy freshly made guacamole. When I make guac, and if it's available, I throw in some pomegranate seeds. The sweet scrunch is nice with the spicy crunch of serrano chile. I rarely use jalapeno, serranos have so much more flavor.

playaperro

El Pirata
I use sour creme in my guac, along with some secret ingredients (package mix). for a big batch some people use cottage cheese.

Went to leys and bought the meat and their handmade guacamole and sour cream, by dinner time they almost finished the guacamole, having snack with it.
I could not believe how much meat I had with two packs, but by the end we almost finished all.just next time I will double up with the guacamole.

Went to leys and bought the meat and their handmade guacamole and sour cream, by dinner time they almost finished the guacamole, having snack with it.
I could not believe how much meat I had with two packs, but by the end we almost finished all.just next time I will double up with the guacamole.
you can never have too much guac