Gas Barbecue and Carne Asada

GV Jack

Snorin God
I love cooking that way, but haven't done it in years. Did you coat it with Kosher Salt before you put it on the coals?

Can't wait to try Archerrera, but it will be next trip down after this one.

GV Jack

Snorin God
I did and with the salt it formed like a solid coating, held in the juices and added a whole lot to the flavor. Yesiree baby...right on the coals.

My son-in-law said he wasn't going to eat it because it was on those nasty coals. He went back for seconds and was pissed there wasn't enough for thirds.

I coated the meat, a big thick sirloin, with Dijon mustard and then put the salt on. Man it makes me hungry just thinking about it.

GV Jack

Snorin God
Hi Melissa, probably in November, maybe second week. Hasn't been firmed up yet.

There's a chance in October, but that depends if wifey wants to go. If not November.

October is a question mark because I don't want to get hung up with all those Boomers and their
Bongs, whatever the hell those are.

Landshark

did you put the meat directly on the coals?
Yep, right on the coals. Fanned the coals just before putting the meat on to blow off any ash. Used the natural mesquite charcoal. Didn't add salt as the meat was soaking in the marinade. I thought there would be pieces of the coals & ash stuck to the meat but there wasn't. It cooked fast, the outside seared quickly, turned it and seared the other side, and they were done. Pink in the middle & crispy on the outside. Couldn't have been better!

GV Jack

Snorin God
Yep, right on the coals. Fanned the coals just before putting the meat on to blow off any ash. Used the natural mesquite charcoal. Didn't add salt as the meat was soaking in the marinade. I thought there would be pieces of the coals & ash stuck to the meat but there wasn't. It cooked fast, the outside seared quickly, turned it and seared the other side, and they were done. Pink in the middle & crispy on the outside. Couldn't have been better!
Yum Yum