Giant Solar project , El Homeport back from the dead and a 4 lane toll road to the border!

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
And this pipeline full of fresh water will go from PP to where in AZ? To a reservoir that dos not even exist? The only so-called reservoirs are just water behind a few dams along the Colorado River which just happen to be quite distant from the border.

Once the tree huggers get wind of it consider it all just a fart in a windstorm.

JJ

SunDevil

Well Known Member
All wind and solar needs to be halted for the ramp up of nuclear fusion. Yes it is probably 10 years away but the environment needs to stop being destroyed in the name of green energy

Idyllwild

Well Known Member
All wind and solar needs to be halted for the ramp up of nuclear fusion. Yes it is probably 10 years away but the environment needs to stop being destroyed in the name of green energy
Nuclear fusion as a utility power source is 30 to 50 or more years away. I have about 100 scientific publications with the word nuclear in the title.

Idyllwild

Well Known Member
I agree. I wish fusion power plants were 10 years away but it’s unfortunately going to be a lot longer.
And there is no guarantee it will eve happen. The laser inertial confinement approach that Livermore has been working on for 30 years has no path forward as a practical power source. Really intractable problems such as neutron embrittlement might keep it out of reach.

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
Just read in our local rag, The Yuma Sun, that six endangered Sonoran Pronghorns were "returned to Mexico". "The antelope were removed from the Cabeza Prieta semi-captive breeding pen and transported to Sonora's El Pinacate Biosphere Reserve where they remained in a holding pen until successfully adapted to the environment on Jan 10, 2023".

All soon to enjoy the new worlds largest solar array near PP.

Wadda wonderment!

Old55

Well Known Member
Big desert down that way JJ. old mexican rancher with a huge isolated property east of ejido Juan Alvarez that hosts Borrego cimarrón hunters said their are plenty on the flats near him.Wealthy guy that sure loved hunting.

richwi

Well Known Member
We went out to the solar farm yesterday and drove all the way to the airport (about 4 miles off the Caborca Hwy). It truly is unreal. I tried to get some pics but wasn’t up high enough to get a good perspective. There are thousands of solar panels. I tried to attach a pic but keep getting “sever error try again later”

Old55

Well Known Member
Yep and just the first phase.I gotta believe the desal plan is connected.Such a huge energy need and all.

Old55

Well Known Member
Yep my inital take too but I think we are wrong. The governor notes the plant in the end is a federal issue and the president will make the call.The president overrode regional officails on the train and will on this too according to politico nerd friend from Hermosillo. The governor in the open is simply saying he isn't a cheap date!

joanC

Well Known Member
If you get more experience living in Mx, you will learn that Alfonso's position is quite typical in these parts. Agree to cooperate/sell/develop at the start of a project, and if it catches on, throw water on it to get a better deal, a big payday, etc. Research why there are so many high rise skeletons abandoned everywhere you look.

joanC

Well Known Member
If by chance Alfonso is saying truth, it's unfathomable some operation out of Israel would mislead or act unethically...how could that happen?