God damn Heroin

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jerry, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Landshark

Landshark Well-Known Member

Basically a death sentence for many people. My younger athlete daughter is a firefighter EMT. She sees this crap every day. 911 calls for teenage kids with their resting heart rate at 230 saying they didn't take anything. Scary stuff...
    "The National Institute on Drug Abuse states that between 40 and 60 percentof recovering drug addicts will eventually relapse. With heroin, those rates are even higher. Some experts place the rate of relapse for heroin addicts as high as 80 percent, which means that the recovery rate may be as low as 20 percent."

2. ernesto

ernesto Well-Known Member

Big pharma and our paid for elected officials are the problem. This is legal in Mexico , Brazil Costa ,Rica, New Zealand. Does not "cure" per se. Resets the brain and gives the addict another chance to choose the right path.

Landshark and jerry like this.
  3. jerry

jerry Well-Known Member

Mushrooms helped a friend a lot too...Sort of kept her from getting depressed after quitting alcohol

4. Landshark

5. dirtsurfer

dirtsurfer Well-Known Member

May the gods grant you all of the help, patience and wisdom you require. You are a great person.

Landshark and RoadKill like this.
  6. Sonya Blade

Sonya Blade New Member

Chillstep with 2-3 glasses of wine is the best cure. You don't really need drugs to relax.

7. Landshark

Kinda true...moderation is the key, especially if it's a daily habit. Alcohol can be a tonic, or a poison. In my misled youth I was on the losing end of that deal. Thankfully common sense prevailed.

Sonya Blade and jerry like this.
  8. jerry

jerry Well-Known Member

the genetic testing sites give you clues to see if you can try chillsteps....some people it is all or nothing....in the genes...not willpower

9. gofastsandman

gofastsandman ODYC LGBTWTFBBQ

Sorry to hear this.
    Hard one there.
    I walked away from cocaine.
    Let me know if I can help.

Landshark likes this.
  10. jerry

jerry Well-Known Member

Sounds like the start of a good blues song...I walked away from cocaine but she come running after me...

11. Jungle Jim

Jungle Jim Well-Known Member

How about Charlie Darwin the Sword of Stupidity as you're to damned dumb to breed? Fogerty could probably make it work with a new riff of "Runnin Thru The Jungle".

Anyone or anything that damned dumb should never be able to pass on that inbred stupidity to the future of any species to include the most stupid of all animals: Homo Sapiens.

JJ

12. deewelch

deewelch New Member

Heroine will destroy yourself...

13. Sonya Blade

Sonya Blade New Member

Gone are the days when there's a clean party without booze and drugs. People can't dance without getting high/drunk lol. I agree it increases dopamine levels and raises the happiness factor but nobody understands "control".

14. jerry

jerry Well-Known Member

Just spent New Year's in Nashville...now that place is out of control...

15. BeachyKeen

BeachyKeen Well-Known Member

I don’t care if I get made fun of but from extremely personal experience methadone does help some people if they use it properly And only with Jesus did myself and my husband beat very addictive and life changing drugs. I pray often throughout my day and you , your family and your daughter will go on my prayer list. I’m not pushing religion on anyone, the real Jesus is not about religion anyways but redemption is possible, the road is not promised to be easy and I hope for peace in the near future! Never give up even if you must do tough love , that is not giving up on someone.

Terry C, Encanto, jerry and 4 others like this.
  16. dirtsurfer

dirtsurfer Well-Known Member

Great words to inspire! Thank you and good luck.

BeachyKeen likes this.