Going back across the border 5/14/2020

gup

Connie Shelton
Thu, May 14, 11:32 AM (2 days ago)
to me, Dan, Michael

Not sure when or if any of you are planning to leave Mexico, but this was our experience yesterday when crossing the border. Just FYI.

- You can't turn right off the 5-mile road and take the Caborca highway to connect with Hwy 8. There's a roadblock. They made us turn around and go back through town to exit RP on Benito Juarez.
- At the checkpoint going out of RP, no problem, they just asked where we were going and when we would be returning.
- In Sonoyta the police have a stop (the place where the Cruz Roja and others usually are holding out their money cans). We had masks and gloves with us but got a lecture on wearing them. Apparently there's a ticket if you don't actually have your mask on your face when you roll down your window to talk to them. We both put the masks on quickly. Dan talked his way out of the ticket but they were not exactly friendly about it.
- Nearing the border crossing, Federales also stopped us, but since we were good kids and still wearing our masks, no problems with them!
- At US Customs, there are signs: Be wearing mask and gloves when you approach. And wipe down your documents before you hand them over. We did all that (we had Lysol wipes at hand) and had no problems at all.

EarlM

Excellent information! Thank you for posting your experience.
Good to know about the masks AND gloves.
Do you plan on returning to RP soon? If so, can you post your experience heading back in?

We plan on heading North in a couple weeks and are concerned about the return trip. We live in RP full time and have residency, will bring CFE bill, etc.

gup

Excellent information! Thank you for posting your experience.
Good to know about the masks AND gloves.
Do you plan on returning to RP soon? If so, can you post your experience heading back in?

We plan on heading North in a couple weeks and are concerned about the return trip. We live in RP full time and have residency, will bring CFE bill, etc.
we won't be back, until Oct. Published @ R.P. Entering r.p. requires a Corna test and temp. (and paying for it, , don't know how test results will be determined?) This may change, when?

we won't be back, until Oct. Published @ R.P. Entering r.p. requires a Corna test and temp. (and paying for it, , don't know how test results will be determined?) This may change, when?
Do you know if locals with residence card and CFE bill can re-enter before June 16. We would gladly pay the test cost but would like to get to California and back this month if possible.

EarlM

My understanding (based on published city announcements and RP360, etc.) is that residents can (currently) leave and then return if they are going out of town for a medical appointment.
You will need documentation of residency, utility bill, etc. and proof of the medical appointment. I don't exactly know what that would be (and it would most likely be in English).

I have read that upon re-entry, your temp will be taken and if elevated a rapid COVID19 test will be performed. If test is positive you will be sent back to where you came from (not sure how that works if you live in RP). Based on what has been said by the mayor announcements it does not sound like they will test everyone, just elevated temps. Makes sense as they do not have unlimited supply of tests.

We will find out in June how it is actually done as we plan on heading to California for medical appointments and returning to RP after that. I will bring my receipts from Kaiser Medical and hopefully that is what they need. We have permanent resident cards as well.

EarlM

From RP360, this is hopefully beginning 6/15:

Phase 3 Estimated mid-June (If criteria from Phase II are met)
  • General reopening of additional local businesses, under strict health criteria to be determined as appropriate.
  • Proposal for entry of visitors into Puerto Peñasco in Phase III
  • Installation of thermal cameras and video cameras at north health filter into city (road block)
  • Each person wishing to enter the city will be asked to go through the thermal screening
  • If the camera detects an anomaly (raised body temperature), a second review will be done via a rapid test for coronavirus, isolating the person from their companions as necessary.
  • If the rapid test is positive, the person will be asked to return to their point of origin and given recommendations to prevent contagion with anyone else on their way to a health center.
Full reopening of economic activities: Phase 3 will remain in effect until there are no new outbreaks.

EarlM

Wearing gloves is pointless unless you change them every 30 seconds.
Thank you Queen for your continued useful and helpful contributions to this forum.

This conversation is not about the logic of the requirements, it is about what the rules are to gain access for travel to and from the town.

audsley

Question: In Phase 2, is a non-citizen of Mexico allowed into Mexico if he owns a home there and can produce utility bills, tax documents and whatever else might be needed to prove home ownership?

I was told today, by a Cholla neighbor who went down Tues, that he needed Both his Permanent Residence card and a utility bill to get past
the check point and it will be that way until June 16th assuming all goes well and Phase 3 is implemented.
The residency card is the key apparently.

Reactions: Kea
I was told today, by a Cholla neighbor who went down Tues, that he needed Both his Permanent Residence card and a utility bill to get past
the check point and it will be that way until June 16th assuming all goes well and Phase 3 is implemented.
The residency card is the key apparently.
True

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Can someone please inform me why Stuart allowed these NON-RP posters to be allowed on this forum? They were supposed to have stayed in the basement but obviously there's no lock on the door and the little kids are starting to create a mess.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Can someone please inform me why Stuart allowed these NON-RP posters to be allowed on this forum? They were supposed to have stayed in the basement but obviously there's no lock on the door and the little kids are starting to create a mess.
All my peeps are long gone, Joe. Over a year now. I don't know any of the current posters, other than the regs that have been here forever.

Hey Stu.............

They moved to face book PP Fans and Community.....

Where it is many times worse than this site ever was with the bickering, name calling, ZERO factual info and a lot of HATEFUL Mexicans. Not to mention it's a real estate shark's dream. Many of the RP Times ripoff Hawaii shirted Brylcream slathered ex Scottsdale used car salesmen flood it hourly with their brainless dribble and killer deals.

Sick dogs, nasty looking photos of greasy plates of "food", do-gooders splashing their wonderful accomplishments to the delight of themselves and those who couldn't give a shit, not to mention the big belly vaqueros and grande assed beauties prancing around as if they are God's gift to the Yoo Toob lookers.

Actually I'm promoting them, especially if you must see the same old shit every damned day with an absolute minimum of interesting or creative writing skills. Don't get me started on the spelling errors and constructive blather they post. Kinda like turning a five year old kid or chimpanzee loose on a keyboard and then gloating over their fabuloso literary skills.

That's just my opinion.

JJ

JJ, you forgot all the people on PP Fans and a few other Penasco related groups who ask if the Boarder is open yet.
Too many use their phones, so the auto correct kicks in, so border is usually spelled wrong and don't care to correct.
There are some really clueless people on PP Fans also PP Friends.
Many are lazy and use it as a search engine so they can get 4 different answers with 3 of them wrong.
To get a correct answer you have to wade thru hidden messages threads and lot's of off the rail comments,
most of the good info that get's posted winds up getting lost in the thread as FB posts them.
Post's are not always in a timeline order. I still can't believe FB is as popular as it is.
It's terrible vs RPT.

Last edited: