Going to Mexico for gas

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Man I love living here! So much more relaxed and so little government interference in day to day life! So free!

MIRAMAR

Next the Govt will say that the gas in mexico is not good for your cars. Get ready for another travel alert
They already are saying it will "void your warranty" if you fill up with Mexican gas- I don't know how they would know.

MIRAMAR

That's funny, because on the news report, it didn't say it was just for ultra low sulfur fuel vehicles- it made it sound like all vehicles. We've never had a problem- we just buy unleaded, and haven't had a problem.

That's for diesel vehicles (2007 and newer) that require Ultra Low Sulfur fuel....
Funny thing is if it's a Dodge diesel, it might have been made in Mehico... I think..?

Don't drink the water... Don't eat the food... Don't breath the air... it's not Safe.... Let the Government say all they want to say... we don't want them or their type down here anyway... look what they did up there....

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I have newer cars trucks and a 4x4 and them all run almost 100% Pemex gas (same as you but you dont know it yet)

The gas may be the same...but the diesel is Low Sulfur, not the Ultra Low Sulfur we're now getting in the states....on my previous truck (gas), I ran the mexican fuel...ad had no problems....same with my jetskis.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Man I love living here! So much more relaxed and so little government interference in day to day life! So free!

SMH !!! Russ you're pretty funny sometimes. PEMEX is owned by the GOVERNMENT. That would be the complete opposite of LITTLE INTERFERENCE lololol ​SMH

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Im not disagreeing that the fuel in Mexico is ok because I use it all the time and it hasnt done anything to my truck ever. However, nobody thinks that the gas in the USA is refined better? I understand it is the same crude but I wouldnt be so naive to think that all crude around the world is refined the same. Obviously in the USA we have that dirty good for nothing government agency called the EPA that sets regulations on what goes into gas for emission standards.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
SMH !!! Russ you're pretty funny sometimes. PEMEX is owned by the GOVERNMENT. That would be the complete opposite of LITTLE INTERFERENCE lololol ​SMH
No Joe, he is right, look at the shootings on calle trece, old port and where the pangas launch, not one bit of interference, by any government agency. They didn't interfer to the point of driving a mini boom town, down on its knees.

I have newer cars trucks and a 4x4 and them all run almost 100% Pemex gas (same as you but you dont know it yet)
The real fact is the gas you buy at the Pemex is the same gas you would buy in the US before they mix in all the other stuff that they charge you for and the ridiculous tax.
Just sayin'.......

**See Pic** I saw this at one of the pumps and thought it was funny enough to snap a picture.

IMG_20120130_210743.jpg

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I said day to day life. If the Government keeps the price of gas low by subsidies - so be it I am all for it. If they keep my electric bill low as well thats fine too. I am not bombarded by ridiculous rules that impact my day to day life. Less stress for sure. lolololololo or whatever

IggyAZ

Today Price for RP.
500 pecos for 51.627 liters
.08 cents per pecos and 3.78 liters per gallon = $2.94 per US gallon