Going to RP for first time this week!!

baubus5

First time going, cant wait to fish! I am a former East Coast surf fishing junkie, now in Phoenix for my job. I am curious about hopw to access the De Marua estuary that I pulled up google maps. Can you access the beach there by truck? I have 4x4. What about La Pinta? Side note, those Corvina look just like our east coast Weakfish or saea trout, the flounders look like our east coast Fluke, I can catch em for sure, just need to get to em, and advice on access would be great.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Ditto to what Miramar said, it is nasty hot and humid, If the wind dies down then it gets really nasty.
My local fishing buddies who like the heat and humidity way more than me, stop fishing mid-July until Oct.

mondone

Whitecaps
Wrong time of year to fish for the corvina and halibut in Morua. Been nothing but small sand bass and junk fish now. Plus it's not ideal weather by any means. Too HOT, humid ,and windy this time of year. Try October on for best bet.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Wrong time of year to fish for the corvina and halibut in Morua. Been nothing but small sand bass and junk fish now. Plus it's not ideal weather by any means. Too HOT, humid ,and windy this time of year. Try October on for best bet.
I'd second this. Best corvina fishing is cooler weather. Goes for lots of other species, too. Even offshore, the water gets too warm. You can get some grouper on the reefs if you get a decent weather day and can stand the heat.