Golf

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I think LP might be closed, no joke. They stopped watering the golf course and it looks like complete DS. Last few weekends down recently I havent even seen pins or cups cut. I would go out to Mayan Palace or Laguna shores has a Jack Nicklaus 9 that looks pretty nice in some fairly recent pictures that Ive seen. Good luck but I wouldnt think you would want to play at LP, its destroyed. I heard they fired the Super.... yikes, used to love that course.

AZ ROB

LP is open or atleast it was last weekend. Grass looks bad but there were people on every hole golfing as I drove by.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
The grass doesnt just look bad, its dead!!!! I wouldnt play there if it was free! Im not talking dormant either, Im talking dead.

It is winter and the grass turns brown this time of year just like in AZ. I played there last Saturday and the greens were in good shape for January. They are watering the course. We paid 35.00 teed off at 1:15 and had a great time. I would reccomend it.

AZJD

The grass is dormant bermuda grass....which turns brown in cold weather. Winter rye grass is expensive....the golf club I am the Controller for spent $90,000 on rye grass seed alone for this winter. Las Palomas can not afford to overseed.

It will green up within the next few months as temperatures rise. It's usually about $35 or so play.

I highly recommend Peninsula de Cortez at the Mayan. One of the best courses I've played in my life.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
The grass is dormant bermuda grass....which turns brown in cold weather. Winter rye grass is expensive....the golf club I am the Controller for spent $90,000 on rye grass seed alone for this winter. Las Palomas can not afford to overseed.

It will green up within the next few months as temperatures rise. It's usually about $35 or so play.

I highly recommend Peninsula de Cortez at the Mayan. One of the best courses I've played in my life.
First of all its not bermuda and secondly, its not that it's expensive they cant utilize ryegrass in Rocky Point, thank you. None of the courses in Rocky Point overseed and its not because of expense. Yes the grass is dormant but the course has NEVER looked this bad in the winter time!!!

ben21

I was down there Dec 26-28 and when I drove past the clubhouse around 3pm there wasn't a single car in the lot and no pins on the greens. And the grass didn't look good. I did see what appeared to be a few crews out working on the course. They may have found that it is less expensive to operate if they close it on certain days?

Guys played laguna del mar and really enjoyed it. Beautiful course yet challenging. Was busy both times which was good to see. Decent rates and it included lunch. Golf courses should do more advertising or deals with the condo resorts as many tourists would not know there was a course out there! Sounds like the clubs will be coming on all trips now!! Again thanks for all the input and next time want to try the mayan!

AZJD

I was down there Dec 26-28 and when I drove past the clubhouse around 3pm there wasn't a single car in the lot and no pins on the greens. And the grass didn't look good. I did see what appeared to be a few crews out working on the course. They may have found that it is less expensive to operate if they close it on certain days?
Last time I played Las Palomas, the ranger came by at like 3pm pulling pins because they were closing early. Since we're in the golf industry, and there was 3 hours of daylight left, we told him we'd pull all the pins for him and take them back to the shop. So we did. :)

I played there last weekend 2/25 it wasn't that bad at all, greens were rolling good. Looks a little brown but it's still pretty good. They had a Feb. special 35.00$ on weekdays. So that made even better.

This is Beachgirl's husband, I played LP over Rodeo weekend, it may look funky but the course is not that bad. Greens were really pretty nice, didn't see a whole lot of the fairways?? but all in all the course is pretty decent.

AZJD

Peninsula de Cortes at the Mayan is amazing. We are playing it next Thursday and Friday, and then Laguna Del Mar on Saturday and Sunday.

If any of you want to get in on this, we have having a mini-tournament next Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. It's $50 towards the pot plus your greens fees at each course .....so far we have 10 guys playing so $500 in the pot. Low gross score. As of right now, 1st place is $350, 2nd place is $100, and 3rd place is $50.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Peninsula de Cortes at the Mayan is amazing. We are playing it next Thursday and Friday, and then Laguna Del Mar on Saturday and Sunday.

If any of you want to get in on this, we have having a mini-tournament next Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. It's $50 towards the pot plus your greens fees at each course .....so far we have 10 guys playing so $500 in the pot. Low gross score. As of right now, 1st place is $350, 2nd place is $100, and 3rd place is $50.

What do you play to AZJD?