Golfing in P.P.

Here is the report - We only played at the Mayan Palace Peninsula de Cortes as we decided to hang out on the beach for the rest of the time. Simply put - the nicest course i think i've ever played. The condition of the course was amazing. There were maybe only a dozen or so people playing the course at the same time - they started us on the back 9 so we had the whole course to ourselves. The greens are great and are true read. The fairways are in excellent shape. The staff is very friendly and helpful and they have built a nice clubhouse with pro shop and bar and grill. I felt a little bad because it was so empty - but better for us. The course is very challenging, but I think its playable for everyone. The holes that parallel the water are really neat and the views are awesome. I wanted to buy a shirt, but they wanted $80+ for shirts and I wasn't going to spend that kind of money for a golf shirt.

Next time, i hope to play Las Palomas and compare the two courses. They are two different type of courses so I'm interested to see.

I guess that thing that impressed me the most was the condition of the course. I don't know how they can keep the course in that great of condition considering the water and climate issues - but it was great.

Thanks so much for the report!! Ok Senor, the course was the best you've ever played, but how did you shoot??:wink::razz: And is it still $55.00??? Glad you enjoyed it....we'll have to give it a try!

I shot my typical mid 90's (that is the indication of my score) - the price was $85.00 per person - i saw someone had posted about the $55.00 but it was $85.00. Up until 9/30/10 they had 2x1 but as i played 10/2 - i was $85.00. Maybe you get a deal if you are staying at the Mayan or have some sort of connection - i admit its a bit pricey - but totally worth it. I think Las Palomas wanted $65.00.

No, we're not on any email list. My husband sent them an email asking if they had any specials for October, such as 2X1 or twilight rates. A gentleman by the name of Andrew Gilchrist, Golf Manager, sent an email back stating those rates. My husband told me to print it out, LOL!!!

Roberto

Latest Golf Ads:

Mayan - 4 fore 2 Monday - Thursday Buy 1 get 1 free Monday - Thursday
Club rentals buy one get one free.

These offers are coupons in the RP Times so you might want to take coupons along. The price is not included in the ad. Tax not included. Ad also does not say if cart fee is included so you might check.

Laguna Del Mar

Play any day $35.00. 18 hole equivalent includes golf cart, towel and score card.
Junior golfer, under 16, $10 US.

See earlier post for contact info.

Bob Oso

Well I looks like the we'll try the tourney another time, however my wife and I are still planning to play around while down for Thanks Giving if anyone is interested.

Also, when we were down last weekend the gentelman that runs JJ's tourney came by and said the next one is scheduled for January 15, 2011. Once he e-mails me I'll put up a link to register.

Last edited: