GOOD NEWS!!

Kenny

GOOD NEWS!!!! :sunny: I just got back from the doctor and my CT scan showed the swelling in my lymph nods has improved considerably and the speck has stayed the same. The SOP on this is to monitor for two years and if all stays the same there is a 99.9% chance all is well. We'll take a look again in 6 months but I feel Good, I'm putting on a little weight and I haven't had a cigarette going on three months now. This has been one long long summer, I started feeling off in June. Wow, it feels like a big load has been lifted and I think I can breath again..No pun intended.LOL I want to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for the prayers and support you guy's have given me. Thanksgiving will have a little more meaning this year.

Kenny

Hey Ric.. :boat: :fish:

Jim

Fantastic. Congradulations on your health and Congradulations the smoking thing. I quit about 18 years ago very quickly when my Dad died of lung cancer from smoking 2 packs a day. I havn't seen you in awhile. Stop by or give me a call sometime when you are in town.

Kenny

Thanks Jim,
You do know I came by earlier this month on the way back from Jerry's.. I talked LOL with your wife and all I could understand was that you were either going to be gone, 3 hours, 3 days or 3 years. :lol: :lol: I'll keep trying and we'll get it. :mexico: :usa:

Kenny

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Kenny, this is great news, Alicia and I wish you have no more worries for many years to come and good fishing for many more years!!!! :D :D :D

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Kenny.
This is the best thing I've heard all week! I am so glad for you! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: Happy Days are here again!

A

azbeachboy

Alright Kenny! We always love to hear good news... Now if I could just stop!

joester

2 salty dawgs
that's GREAT news Kenny !!
you're right about this Thanksgiving being one we all
have lots to be thankful for -
see you in 27 days to celebrate!

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Is this a good news/bad news thing? The good being that all it is well with you... and the bad being that we'll be seeing more pictures of the fish scarin' outfit in the future? ;)

All kidding aside, I'm *very* glad to hear this Kenny!

Kenny

sunshine said:
Fantastic Kenny, happy to hear the good news!

:sunny:

Thanks sunshine. :sunny: I had forgotten that you were going to be in PP when I came through last month. I guess I was to busy just missing Bob and Jim and from what I heard your new buddy ladyjeeper. Maybe they were just ditching me. :eek:

Kenny

Kenny

dmcauley said:
God Bless Kenny- Happy to hear the great news, sounds like a fishing trip is in order
Thanks Dan and yes it is.. Around Thanksgiving time it can really turn on :fish: :chef:Out there.
Kenny

Kenny...I'm glad to hear of the good news.

My dad died when he was just 50 (cancer)....he had been a heavy smoker when he was younger, although he did quit. I guess he didn't quit soon enough...or maybe it was those cheap, unfiltered cigs they had in Europe....

Again...glad to hear things are working out....

C

cactusamigo

Nicotine is probably the most addictive drug known. You can take a heroin addict who smokes, get him to kick his heroin habit, but he will probably smoke until he dies. Most heroin addicts eventually outgrow their addiction, but that is not true of those addicted to nicotine.

I smoked for ten years, then suddenly decided to quit. Went cold turkey because I knew that was the only way it would work. You only quit if you never touch another cigarette. Heard many people say: "I quit ten times last year!".

Had recurrent dreams for several years of social situations that smoking was a part of. My dream would end when my inhibitions were lowered and I would light up a smoke, instantly waking me up. The taste was so real. My greatest fear was that first cigarette was all that it would take to get me right back into the habit.