Good Stories about Mexico

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
In my humble American opinion... going from a 3rd world, to a 2nd world, to a 1st world country only adds nothing but issues you have to deal with on a daily basis.

I'm ready for a palapa on the beach!

jerry

Well Known Member
In my humble American opinion... going from a 3rd world, to a 2nd world, to a 1st world country only adds nothing but issues you have to deal with on a daily basis.

I'm ready for a palapa on the beach!
Until you get in a car wreck,get electicuted in the shower..it goes on and on

audsley

Well Known Member
Interesting article and I believe largely accurate although dripping with the reporter's personal biases. As an SOC fisherman/afficianado, here's the part that really caught my eye.

"Mexican sport fishermen make more money guiding fishing and diving than gillnetting, and they recently feuded with Cuban fishermen who were plundering Mexican territorial waters."

This has been my hope for the SOC. I know that some of the Baja panga fishermen have formed "collectives" that set limits and seasons on fish species within defined zones. Initially I heard this was working well. I don't know if it's still working. And I have to wonder if the situation on the Carribean side of Mexico is as idyllic as the reporter describes.

Many obstacles to creating this kind of thing throughout the SOC. Investment in infrastructure, fishermen's buy-in of setting limits and enforcement, making sure funding goes where it's supposed to and dealing effectively with the Yellow Peril that threatens marine and mammal life all around the planet. I expect it in my lifetime, but it's the direction we should all be looking.

jerry

Well Known Member
Interesting article and I believe largely accurate although dripping with the reporter's personal biases. As an SOC fisherman/afficianado, here's the part that really caught my eye.

"Mexican sport fishermen make more money guiding fishing and diving than gillnetting, and they recently feuded with Cuban fishermen who were plundering Mexican territorial waters."

This has been my hope for the SOC. I know that some of the Baja panga fishermen have formed "collectives" that set limits and seasons on fish species within defined zones. Initially I heard this was working well. I don't know if it's still working. And I have to wonder if the situation on the Carribean side of Mexico is as idyllic as the reporter describes.

Many obstacles to creating this kind of thing throughout the SOC. Investment in infrastructure, fishermen's buy-in of setting limits and enforcement, making sure funding goes where it's supposed to and dealing effectively with the Yellow Peril that threatens marine and mammal life all around the planet. I expect it in my lifetime, but it's the direction we should all be looking.
Audsey , I think it has no chance in our area...dope and bladder biz pays to well...A friend of Kenny and me has a brother is part of this effort http://terrapeninsular.org. Working well but you add 8000 dollars a kill fish bladders to the equation....forget it

Roberto

Well Known Member
Yes. They cross up the neutral and ground wire. That is common in house wiring too. Makes strange things happen when some circuits break and others are ok.
I learned about the shower head heaters early on during a stay in Kino. Not a big shock but enough to get your attention. You can get the same effect when the wires are crossed in an electric hot water tank heater.