Goodbye evferyone

B

bahiatrader

The doctors tell me I haven't got very much time to live. I'm going to keep hangin' in there as long as I can. I've enjoyed using this forum, and I wish all of you the best of fortune

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Sorry to hear the outcome Bahia, I know that afterlife is much better than the hell be are living in now!! I always enjoyed reading your posts too, keep them coming!!!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I wish I could have met you. Most everybody that loves Rocky Point is OK in my book.... Godspeed......

B

bahiatrader

I'm only 66 yeqrs old and I planned on making it past the 100 mark. What originally started the problem is that I caught Rocky Mountain Tick fever while doing a rodent study for EOU on the Alvord Desert in Southeastern Oregon. The organism attacked my heart and everything went downhill from there. I've alrready survived three death sentences. I'm going to try to hang on for another year or two at least, but that's against all of the medical prognosis I've had. My wonderful wife Tammy said she will let you guys know if and when I go. Just in case, adios.

Last edited by a moderator:

AZ ROB

Robert you gotta hang in there Michelle and I were looking forward to fishing with you on the Colorado this spring. We really enjoyed the time were were able to spend with you and Tammy. I know you had me mesmerized with all the fishing stories from Alaska down to the sea of Cortez.

Rob
There is never anything correct to say at this time. It sounds as if you have had a wonderful and full life and may you be thankfull for that. You have many friends here that will miss you when the time comes. Do all you can to make the rest of your time happy and eventfull. a friendwho will miss you but stay with us long as you want

Bahia Trader,

Forgive my input, since I have not met you. But as Lady Jeeper says, those who love Mexico and the sea are great in my book too. I hope that the next life is endless pristine, shiny sea with beautiful coasts, floating on the heavenly waters. Bless you and your wife in everyway. Thank you for sharing with us.

B

bahiatrader

Robert you gotta hang in there Michelle and I were looking forward to fishing with you on the Colorado this spring. We really enjoyed the time were were able to spend with you and Tammy. I know you had me mesmerized with all the fishing stories from Alaska down to the sea of Cortez.
I wouldn't really bother coming all this way just to fish the Colorado River, Lake Mohave or Lake Havasu. You can maybe catch a fe3w stripers and some recently planted trout on the river. Forget about fishing the lakes. The stripers have pretty much wiped everything out on the lakes and are now starving to death. I spent a good part of one summer snorkling the river and the lakes trying to find out why the fishing was declining. The crayfish are pretty much gone. You never see any boils of shad anymore. The stripers are to efficient of a predator. Trout and Largemouth Bassw are pretty much territorial feeders. They will stake out an area and use it for feeding. Stripers are different. They travel and feed in schools. I've seen schools of stripers, sometimes more than a hundred move into a cove and eat everything there. The poor old trout or largemouth then starves to death because everywhere they go there is no feed. The stripers are starting to starve to death also because there's nothing left for them to feed on. Large ones will sometimes go to the bottoms of the deepest part of the lakes because their metabolism slows down and they don't need to feed as much. They will eventually starve to death also. The only fish that seems to avoid this and survive is the bluegill. I don't know why that is. You can still get some Largemout, catfish and crappies out of Topock Marsh because the stripers haven't been able to get into the marsh. The fishing there has declined a little bit there in recent years too. If I were you, I wouldn't bother. The only reason I was still fishing there is because it was close. I gave away my crayfish trap and sold my little 14' aluminum boat because of that and my declining health. I wouldn't bother if I were you. there are better and closer places for you to fish. Best of luck to you Rob & Michelle.

Bahiatrader,

If at some point when you are feeling well enough, I'm sure many of us would love to meet you and your wife somewhere close to your home for dinner to celebrate love, life, and family. We never know how long we have, and I am sorry to hear about your situation. You could schedule it for this year, next year, and the next few years. Please keep posting and let us know if there is anything we can do for you or your family. I'm sorry to hear the news, and I hope we get a chance to meet soon.