groovy time at Rocky Point last weekend

lunarz

ok. so theyre werent a lot of bikes. its gonna take more work to spread the word. But I had a great time. Met some wonderful people, ate some great food, swam,played music on the malecon, made new friends, & anyway, can't wait to go back!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
How do they expect bikes to come down to RP when my Toyota Tacoma with off road racing suspension takes a frickin beating because the streets are so jacked up. Its like the famed Field of Dreams line, "...if you build it, they will come...". Lets get the new project rolling and thats taking care of the streets especially in the malecon! Have Mexicans ever heard of HOT PATCH? You cant fill in ditches with dirt and leave it and expect to have a biker weekend with any kind of substantial numbers. Thank you

Hey Joe, that's Mexico!!! There weren't many bikes but then there wasn't a whole lot of advertising. The first annual Fun Run was the first weekend of May last year..........why they changed it to the first weekend in June is beyond me. And, like I said, there was very little advertising done for it. But it was a beautiful weekend and there was still a good number of people milling around the malecon.........

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Hey Joe, that's Mexico!!! There weren't many bikes but then there wasn't a whole lot of advertising. The first annual Fun Run was the first weekend of May last year..........why they changed it to the first weekend in June is beyond me. And, like I said, there was very little advertising done for it. But it was a beautiful weekend and there was still a good number of people milling around the malecon.........
Yea, I was one of them! Weather was great and I didnt mind not having bikes down there. Those weekends use to get semi out of control down in the Malecon. I just happen to be passing through RP this particular weekend and stayed a few more nights, otherwise I wouldnt be in RP when theres bikers in town!

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Groovy, man... like far out!

<staring at the disco ball for too long gives me acid flashbacks>

Welcome, lunarz -- have a "groovy" time here on our forum, too. From one old enough to have actually used the word and wear nehru shirts with Peter Max jeans!!!
:puff:

lunarz

me too...actually had a nehru jacket. as far as the roads go, well, my body doesnt handle the the dirt bikin well anymore either, (most every city I've been through has those areas)...but my fatbob handled it fine. But maybe they'll fix those streets, if we bring a little more support next time. (tho I didn't mind it not being busy, my first time there...)

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Bummer! Cool beans! I'm stoked! That's awesome! Like, wow! Extreme, man! That's rad!

Hey, nothing wrong with groovy oldies but goodies like us!! Have you noticed that new catchphrase these days seems to be the word "Really?" added to everybody's statements? I'm hearing it all the time. I'm a writer, so I tend to notice these little nuances that warp and pervert the written and spoken English language over time. Example: "So and so said Congress wants to take $500 million from Medicare. Really?"

I had to verbally bitch-slap all my kids when they were growing up over the word "like". It was like, you know, like really a good movie, like. They caught on pretty quick when I'd parrot them back and tell them how many times they said "like" in a single sentence. But like, everybody talks like that, dad!! You're not everybody. Lose that word from your vocabulary!! Some day they'll thank me. Or not.
:puff: