Gun

apb739

Does anyone know if the gun store in Ajo is still open? The owner, I think his name is Izzy rents gun lockers. I know, DON’T TAKE A PISTOL INTO MEXICO! :mad:

apb739

I found it...its Reb Supply in Ajo and he rents gun lockers for $1.00 a day. So you can lock up any guns before going into Mexico. 1201 W Hoover St
Ajo, AZ 85321
(520) 387-4570
:eek3:

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Aren't you worried about that stretch between Ajo and the border? Do you feel safe traveling it without your gun? I mean, all the illegals crossing there in Organ Pipe and the drug mules and the narcotraficantes... and... and... lions and tigers and bears, oh my!!

You say you are doing "due diligence". Maybe you *should* just go to San Diego instead. I'm getting the impression you won't feel safe in Rocky Point anyway.

<eyeroll>:rolleyes::roll::rolleyes::roll:

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Guns

Gun seems to be doing the responsible thing by NOT taking his gun to Mexico and finding a secure place for it. I appreciate the information.

I think he understands the danger lies more in the good old USA. It only takes one time to be stalked at night on a highway in the middle of, say, New Mexico, to start thinking about protection. And for a woman, the choices can be as limited as finding a way to feel safer, or stay home from life. Take a gun safety class, learn to shoot, and get whatever permit your state requires. Then leave it in Ajo when you go to Rocky Point. Makes perfect sense to me.

apb739

The basic fact is we are driving from Wyoming (and yes it’s a big gas guzzling SUV). I know Obama stated it best “we cling to our religion and guns” (damn rednecks). I respect our laws and those in Mexico! I'll leave the horrible gun in the US but will bring the religion thing with me (I might need to break out some prays with my beers there in Mexico).

jerry

" It only takes one time to be stalked at night on a highway in the middle of, say, New Mexico,"
Sounds like a good back story Mentiras I think the stalker might have been Bob after one of his 4 state Walmart loops.

The reality is you have more chance of leaving ammo in the car if you have a gun with you on a daily basis.
"8.- If you are driving, thoroughly clean your car before you go. Mexican police can arrest you even for just having a bullet in your car. More than 130 American citizens were arrested last year for bringing weapons and ammo into Mexico. Strangely enough, Mexicans are allowed to bring up to 3 weapons and a thousand rounds of ammo into the US. And when coming back, American police may very well find a scrap of marijuana from that joint you tried 8 years ago."

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Guns

WalMart parking lots!!!! Now thats a place to have it ready to go!!!! Do you know how dangerous those places are? Never mind lions and tigers and bears...its WalMart Shoppers on a hunt!!!!!!:eek3:

S

Submarine

Actually, it's probably more dangerous than you think!

http://www.jrrobertssecurity.com/articles/wal-mart-parking-lot-crime.htm

And this little tidbit:
Wal-Mart Parking Lot Crimes​

First 7 Months of 2005
  • Sioux Falls, SD: Attmped Murder/Car dragging (ArgusLeader.com, 1/7/2005)​
  • Stow, OH: Aggravated Robbery (Akron Beacon Journal, 1/7/2005)​
  • Siloam Springs, AR: Shooting (Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, 1/11/2005)​
  • Boca Raton, FL: Robbery (Palm Beach Post, 1/11/2005)​
  • Shreveport, LA: Purse-snatching (The Times, 1/12/2005)​
  • Port Charlotte, FL: 3 Purse-snatchings (Sarasota Herald-Tribune, 1/19/2005)​
  • Tyler, Texas: Abduction (KVIA-TV, 1/21/2005)​
  • Warner Robins, GA (Macon Telegraph, 1/21/2005)​
  • Pleasanton, CA: Purse-snatching (Pleasanton Weekly, 1/22/2005)​
  • Yuma, AZ: Assault/Car jacking (Yuma Sun, 1/25/2004)​
  • Hampton, VA: Truck with dead person left in lot (WVEC-TV, 1/25/2005)​
  • Jacksonville, FL: Armed Robbery (Florida Times-Union, 1/29/2005)​
  • Edmond, OK: Attempted Robbery/Car jacking (Daily Oklahoman, 2/5/2005)​
  • Taylor, MI: Armed Robbery (Nexis, 2/12/2005)​
  • Montgomery, AL: Robbery (Montgomery Advisor, 2/19/2005)​
  • Kingsport, TN: Purse-snatching (News Channel 11, 2/21/2005)​

• Grandview, MO: Armed Robbery (Kansas City Star, 2/24/2005)

• Cornwall, Ontario: Car stealing (Community Police Service, 2/25/2005)​

• Allentown, PA: Rape (Morning Call, 3/9/2005)

• Brampton, Ontario: Aggravated Assault (The Toronto Sun, 3/16/2005)

• Bonsack, VA: Threatened with gun (The Roanoke Times, 3/27/2005)

• Benton, Arkansas: Car crashing, assault (Benton Courier, 4/1/2005)

• Dunn, NC: Murder (Dunn Daily Record, 4/1/2005)

• Erwin, NY: Assault (Police Record, Star-Gazette, 4/6/2005)

• Virginia Beach, VA: Attempted car jacking (Crimesolvers.com, 4/10/2005)

• Upland, CA: Purse-snatching, Assault (Inland Valley Daily Bulletin, 4/10/2005)

• Tallahassee, FL: Robbery/carjacking/kidnapping (Tallahassee Democrat, 4/19/2005)
  • Rogers, AR: Assault (Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, 4/26/2005)

• West Ashley, SC: Attempted Robbery (The Post and Courier, 4/26/2005)

• Rogers, AR: Assault (Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, 4/26/2005)

• Woonsocket, RI: Knifepoint Robbery (The Providence Journal, 4/29/2005)

• Springfield, MO: Purse-snatching (Nexis, 4/30/2005)

• Russellville, AR: Rapes (The Courier, 5/7/2005)

• Hazard City, KY: Robbery (WKYT-TV, 5/7/2005)

• Washington County, AR: Purse-snatching (Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, 5/9/2005)

• Wichita, KA: Robbery (Wichita Eagle, 5/13/2005)

• Cranberry Twp, PA: Sexual Assault/Indecent Exposure (WPXI-TV, 5/13/2005)

• Atlanta, TX: Kidnapping (Familybadge.org, 5/14/2005)
  • Pueblo, CO: Assault/purse snatching (KOAA-TV, 5/17/2005)
  • Murfreesboro, TN: Attacked in car (News Channel 5, 5/17/2005)
  • Clackamas, OR: Shoplifting/Stabbing (County Sheriff's Office, 5/24/2005)
  • Dekalb, IL: Purse-snatching (Daily Chronicle, 5/28/2005)
  • Cincinnatti, OH: Purse-snatching (News 5 Cincinnatti, 6/1/2005)
  • Jacksonville, FL: Purse-snatching (First Coast News, 6/1/2005)
  • Minnehaha County, SD: Assault (Sprawl-Busters, 6/1/2005)
  • Harris County, TX: Armed robbery/Shooting (Sprawl-Busters, 6/1/2005)
  • Baltimore/White Marsh, MD: Armed Robbery (Baltimore Sun, 6/2/2005)

• Okaloosa, FL: Purse-snatching (Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office, 6/2/2005)

• Myrtle Beach, FL: Stabbing (Sprawl-Busters, 6/5/2005)

• Dekalb, IL: Indecent Exposure (CourtTV.com, 6/6/2005)
  • Salt Lake City, UT: Gropping (KSL-TV, 6/8/2005)

• Katy, TX: Murder (The Katy Times, 6/9/2005)
  • Spokane, WA: Shooting (The Spokesman Review, 6/13/2005)

• Phoenix, AZ: Molestation (KPHO-TV, 6/15/2005)

• Brownwood, TX: Purse-snatching (The Brownwood Bulletin, 6/16/2005)

• Fairfield, CA: Armed Robbery (Vallejo Times-Herald, 6/18/2005)

• Huntsville, TX: Armed Robbery (The Huntsville Item, 6/24/2005)

• Meridian, MS: Scam, abduction, offsite robbery (WTOK-TV, 6/27/2005)

• Orlando, FL: Car jacking (MSNBC, 6/28/2005)

• Wilmington, NC: Car jacking (WECT-TV, 6/28/2005)

• Glenns Ferry, ID: Kidnapping/rape (Glenns Ferry Gazette, 6/28/2005)

• D'lberville, MS: Drive-by shooting (WLOX-TV, 6/29/2005)

• Haines City, FL: Attempted robbery (The Ledger, 7/5/2005)

• Fayetteville, AR: Shooting (ABC-11 TV, 7/5/2005)
  • Mobile, AL: Abandonment after rape (St. Petersburg Times, 7/6/2005)

• East Greenbush, NY: Purse-snatching (The Times Union, 7/8/2005)

• Pascagoula, MS: Theft (The Mississippi Press, 7/8/2005)
  • Bullhead City, NV: Assault (Mohave Daily News, 7/8/05)
  • Woodbridge, VA: Shooting (Potomac News, 7/8/2005)
  • Wilkes-Barre Township, PA: Robbery (Wilkes-Barre Times Leader, 7/12/2005)
Statistically insignificant in the grand scheme of things but it does raise some eyebrows.

Don't see Bob in there anywhere, but he's probably accosting the Greeter which wouldn't qualify as a parking lot crime.;-)​

I've always thought you could make a decent business out of having a gun locker service in Lukeville. Beats my old practice of just shoving it up inside the dashboard. I bet there are more personal weapons going into Mexico than you might think. I've had a gunsafe on my floorboard for years that has never been questioned by either side crossing the border. At 5 years per bullet, it's not worth carrying though.​

M

m4shawn

Wonderful post, Submarine - goes to the heart of my sermon about perception. Please read my post on the other thread, apb - pride yourself on rising above the stupidity and panic of so many other shivering Mexico pansies.

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Guns

My sister and I spent the month of March going to and from Nogales, Hermosillo, Phoenix, Tucson and San Diego. No problems even in Nogales...but we're not scared...my youngest son, the former Marine who did 2 tours in Iraq, showed us how to defend ourselves with a stick of chapstick! Almost had to lather someone up in San Diego!:lol:

apb739

I enjoyed the video. It really does go to the heart of the issue. My family and I obey laws! Mexico does not allow guns, ammo and etc. fine I’ll obey their law (the reason for my post about where you can legally park a gun before going into Mexico). When I leave Mexico, I’ll pick it up and obey the USA laws.

The bottom line is “do diligence” (as I was poked fun of, but that’s ok ;). I found this board, newspapers and other news source before taking my family on a trip to PP. Just like owning and caring a gun, one needs to be educated (safety first).

Thanks to all who posted…..Stuart, we confirmed our plans and my redneck, God fearing, gun caring (gun left of course in the US, no since scaring you and “all the illegals crossing there in Organ Pipe and the drug mules and the narcotraficantes... and... and... lions and tigers and bears” in Mexico), SUV driving, beer drinking family are coming down for almost a week. I hope you are OK with that ;)

See you soon in PP.

Last edited:

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I hope you are OK with that ;)

See you soon in PP.
Dude... c'mon down! The water's warm and the beer is cold!

Disclaimer: I have no problems with guns. I also have some red on my neck. I used to drive a SUV, but fell in love with a F-250 diesel crew cab. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff. No lions, tigers, or bears (oh my) were harmed in the production of this thread! :sunny: