Handgun in PP

Discussion in 'General' started by mikef, Feb 6, 2018.

1. jerry

jerry Well-Known Member

I spent a month down there after we delivered a truck of earth quake supplies in the winter of 73...then learned to surf there...love the place and it seems to be on the way back..

2. dirtsurfer

dirtsurfer Well-Known Member

Although, growing up in Phoenix with a hunter dad our weapons were always out and available-rifles, shotguns & pistols. We knew not to touch them. Of course, this also makes your weapons easy to get to for bad guys also. Now I have a safe (or two or three) that I can open half a asleep in the complete dark in 5 seconds with loaded pistols -shell in chamber so get educated about current technology.

One thing for sure-even spent casings can get you in trouble in the warped sense of law in Mexico-this scares me because there are often spent casings rolling around in the bed of my truck.

audsley and jerry like this.
  3. PintoPoint

PintoPoint Well-Known Member

I go shooting a lot and always check my truck carefully before entering Mexico. I have never had a problem with knives in my car, they have questioned me at Federal check points but that was it.

4. jerry

jerry Well-Known Member

DeWalt 18 volt finish nailer can do some real damage...

wihint and dirtsurfer like this.
  5. wihint

wihint Active Member

Just crossed back into the USA about 90 minutes ago. When we stopped in Gila Bend my buddy popped open a console under his arm rest area and removed the 2 handguns he had concealed under there. I asked him "what the heck" he said he forgot them going in Friday afternoon and just thought it was better to not say anything. Apparently he has done this many times over the last 20 years. I on the other hand almost had a stroke.....I try to color inside the lines of life whereas he chose to ignore the rules. I have been in his SUV around a 100 times and had no idea that area he had the guns in even existed.

audsley and jerry like this.
  6. Southbeacher

Southbeacher Well-Known Member

His getting caught and shipped to Mexican prison is a matter of time, likely hastened by your tip to those officials who peer into this sight now and then.

mexicoruss likes this.