Handgun in PP

mikef

I have a CCW permit. I carry a small 9mm locked in a hidden compartment in my vehicle. I carry it everywhere. I would really like to take it to PP. Any thoughts? Nobody would even know it was in there. Just for emergencies. Thank you.

Dumb idea. Even if you had to use it to protect yourself from a crime, once the police showed up you would be arrested on the spot and probably spend a few years in a Mexican jail. All other details of the situation being meaningless. As a gringo in Mexico, if you get caught with a gun of any kind for any reason, you are screwed. Screwed bad.

A base ball bat, a machete, a hatchet, a Bowie knife, a geologists hammer and an ice pick are standard equipment in all of my vehicles and legal in Meh He Ko.

JJ

JimMcG

Apparently the laws vary from state to state, city to city and countryside to city but here is what the State Dept recommends:

Here's what the US State Department advises:
"Firearms and KnivesIt is best not to carry even a pocketknife into Mexico, as this can result in a weapons charge if a knife is found on a traveler who is arrested for a separate offense. Visitors driving across the border should ensure that their vehicles contain no firearms or ammunition. Mexico imposes harsh penalties for bringing as little as one bullet across its borders.

Ever think about how many knives we have on our fishing boats?

Ever think about all of the 12 gauge flare guns we have on our fishing boats?

My boat goes back and forth over the border monthly.

I always declare my deeply concealed Kel-Tec .380 auto once back on Arizona soil. Perfectly legal for a US Citizen residing in AZ with or without a CCW permit now.

JJ

JimMcG

Flare guns on a fishing boat and fish gutting knives with fishing tackle are likely to be construed as typically normal and acceptable equipment on board, whereas carrying either or both on your person in town would likely trigger interest from the authorities especially if stopped for another infraction.
Carrying a concealed firearm in your vehicle and posting it on a Mexican discussion forum is really asking for lengthy jail time.

jerry

That little shit gun won't be of much help anyways.The times I have been under the gun envolved lots of guns...big guns

jerry

That little shit gun won't be of much help anyways.The times I have been under the gun envolved lots of guns...big guns

audsley

That is exactly my thinking. If you have trouble in the U.S., it's most likely with one person (rapist, burglar, etc.) In Mexico it's more likely to be with several and you aren't going to shoot your way out of it. In Mexico your best defensive tool is your brain.

Roberto

Oh I think it makes sense. A well hidden gun. You get into it with some thugs and scream HOLD IT while you fumble for the key to the lock box, open the hidy hole and retrieve the gun. Surely those thugs will cooperate. Forget it. Unless you have it continually within reach and practice regularly, odds are it will be taken from your and used on your and yours.

Reminds me of the impassioned testimony at a hearing about gun control. Average schmoe pleading for the right to protect his family from forceable entry. " I need to protect my children". Asked if he was not concerned about his children fooling with it he replied NO I keep it locked in the safe was his reply !!!! Excuse me sir please wait there by the door while I open the safe, get my gun and shoot you~~~~ Ha ha ha ha

jerry

Oh I think it makes sense. A well hidden gun. You get into it with some thugs and scream HOLD IT while you fumble for the key to the lock box, open the hidy hole and retrieve the gun. Surely those thugs will cooperate. Forget it. Unless you have it continually within reach and practice regularly, odds are it will be taken from your and used on your and yours.

Reminds me of the impassioned testimony at a hearing about gun control. Average schmoe pleading for the right to protect his family from forceable entry. " I need to protect my children". Asked if he was not concerned about his children fooling with it he replied NO I keep it locked in the safe was his reply !!!! Excuse me sir please wait there by the door while I open the safe, get my gun and shoot you~~~~ Ha ha ha ha
Oh oh now you've done it Roberto..teeing it up for your fellow Vietnam vet JJ to tell a war story about taking out some dangerous Honduran women and children...

Used to do gun runs down that beach on our way home south from El Salvador.

The Nick's and Cubanos were alerted by commie spies as we launched from La Union El Salvador. We had an hour flight across the Gulf of Fonseca, claimed by the Nick's. Usually did a fuel top-off at Isla Tigre, a CIA op about midway in the gulf. Sat it out there for awhile to try to fool the awaiting gauntlet. The CIA flyboys had gunned up and rocket podded Hughes 500 "little birds" They would fly out as outriders to get the Julios to come out of the Coco Palms and take a few potshots. We would come in a few feet off of the surf then let em have it with our Huey mounted M60's and 50 cals. The Little Birds would whoup up the turf a little with some 1.75" HE bottle rockets. Them brown dumb-fucks never expected to be welcomed as well as we did.

Used to land on the beach at La Union El Sal and score some fab Blue Tiger Shrimp from the pangueros and barbecue them there on the sand.

Oh yes, those WERE the days!

jj