Harbor boat launch area getting improvements

mondone

Whitecaps
Advances modernization of the "Bajada de las Pangas" in Puerto Peñasco
Posted: 07 Dec 2020 10:57 PM PST
PUERTO PEASCO.- The popular land, known as La Bajada de Las pangas, in the Port Campus will radically change its image, when starting the integral improvement and modernization works of that area, in which about 4.6 million pesos will be invested.
In this place used for boarding and disembarkation of fishing and tourist vessels, located on Avenida Lauro Contreras, between Benito Juárez boulevard and 9th Street, hydraulic concrete and asphalt pavement will be built, in addition to the perimeter fence, bathing module and public lighting system.
After the flag of the beginning of this important work, the local DEPUTY Lázaro Espinoza Mendívil, reported that this investment of almost 5 million pesos, was achieved with direct management of it before the Government of the State.
The Mayor recalled that a couple of years ago the renewal of the agreement was achieved so that the Civil Association that operates that area, continues to do so for up to 20 years, in favor of the community.
The goal, he said, is that productivity is constant and, above all, that access is free for the people of Puerto Peñasco.
José Luis Villalobos Jiménez, engineer in charge of the work in La Bajada, detailed that it consists of the construction of a thousand 600 square meters of hydraulic concrete, 6 thousand square meters of asphalt folder, to leave the area completely paved.
In addition, he said, a lighting system with 20 poles and equal number of lamps will be installed, the perimeter fence will be built with concrete blocks and cyclonic mesh and a sanitary module with services for men and women.
Villalobos Jiménez reported that this improvement of La Bajada de las pangas began this week and work is planned to be completed in 90 days, i.e. in February 2021.

Hope it happens, I have used this area to put my RIB in the water several times in the past. The improvements stated sure would be nice.

Kelney

Well Known Member
That would be nice. I had a love hate relationship launching there years ago. It was a bit of a three ring circus at times which made it fun but as I got older I started to be a drag. I hope these improvements include blasting the fricking boulder that is hidden at high tide.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
That would be nice. I had a love hate relationship launching there years ago. It was a bit of a three ring circus at times which made it fun but as I got older I started to be a drag. I hope these improvements include blasting the fricking boulder that is hidden at high tide.
So does that mean they're paving the boat ramp area? Like an official cement boat ramp? Pretty cool. I've launched the kayak only once at La Bajada. I was always too worried to leave my truck there for the day while out fishing. I never worry in CB. All the locals know me and never had any problems.