hatu sonny

Sonny

I am new to this forum but I am looking for a dish, with all the stuff that I can receive American TV cheap I have heard of getting a dish and box from someone you know and bring it to this place I now call home. I would appreciate any information anyone is will to share. I like to stay independent and not have to deal with getting the stuff I need from family in Phoenix or New Mexico or lets just say the U.S. and kick money back to them for the costs. So I'm hoping for some info the posts I read where ridiculously old. One last thing I have Sky TV and I hate it and now I stuck for 18 months. Damn it!

AZ ROB

I used a guy who had his card at the sonoran re-sale office they did a great job and brought all the equipment down from Tucson to put dish network in both our condos. Maybe Jim can chime in with a phone number.

Rob...not to sidetrack the thread, but did you do a comparison of Dishnetwork versus Directv and the channel lineups? I've had Directv for years, but to get HD, you need bigger dishes than Dishnetwork with their current setup....and mine requires a power adapter....so I don't get HD on my 18" dish that I keep in Mexico....it's also a nuisance when I get back home with the HD receiver...sometimes have to do a system reset several times before the HD channels show up in my Guide.

AZ ROB

Joe I did look into it but due to the fact I already had dish at home they just added the 4 receivers to the bill I already had for the 5 at home. Having these guys set me up I now don't have to move receivers from home to Penasco I just leave them there with the power switch on and they update when ever needed. And I didn't really need the HD because the TV in Penasco is only to cure a little boredom. Most of the time the condition I am in I couldnt tell if the channels are in HD or not.

Sonny

I am still look for a simple answer to get American tv here without pay an arm and a leg. My permanent residents is here although I have a home in Salt Lake City. I'm sure someone out there in tv land can help me. I'm tired of watching 3 or 4 news channels provided by Sky tv out of there back dated junk tv. HELP! I'M GOING THRU TV DTs.

Sonny

Nice job in side tracking the issue at hand! try the telephone!
Rob...not to sidetrack the thread, but did you do a comparison of Dishnetwork versus Directv and the channel lineups? I've had Directv for years, but to get HD, you need bigger dishes than Dishnetwork with their current setup....and mine requires a power adapter....so I don't get HD on my 18" dish that I keep in Mexico....it's also a nuisance when I get back home with the HD receiver...sometimes have to do a system reset several times before the HD channels show up in my Guide.

Nice job in side tracking the issue at hand! try the telephone!
Yes sir! oh policeman of the internet and this forum...but you have already received very useful info in the previous posts! You may have to do a little work instead of having the info handed to you on a silver platter. Your 2 choices are directtv and dishnetwork...both available in HD or not. You will have to establish your service address in the US (I'm sure someone will pipe up correcting me if necessary). Then bring your receivers down and find someone willing to install the dish for you. Get out of your casa and go to the Sonoran Resorts...look up Jim Ringquist..and find the business card that Rob mentioned...or go down to Rosy's office (tourist assistance office in the multi story blue building above the Tequila Factory). You will probably find a couple business cards. Do you need more "hand holding"??:duh::stir:

Kenny

Joe Joe Joe, I can't tell you how disappointed in you I am.:ham:.. I gave you a perfect opportunity to go off on me with my east coast remarks and all, and what do you do? You take all your pent up hostility out on a perfect stranger, when it would have been way more productive to have dropped it on a old friend who could, and would have given it back to you in spades. I guess I'll just keep my figers crossed, and hope our new friend here reems you a new --- ----.:eek:

Kenny....sorry if I disappointed you...what kind of argument would I have with your east coast statements....many are true!! :rofl:....but this newbie just hit the straw/camel's back.....after yesterday's affair with another poster who got in to "arguing" in the thread and then accused everyone else of arguing...and also resorted to name calling.....

I'll be the first to help someone out when they have questions...but when they get critical with a thread that is not completely off topic, and some of the info is already there, and then want someone to do all the work for them....:crybaby:

Sonny

if I do it sure would be yours! Thank you guru of rocky points talk forum, now take 10 Valium and go back to writing.

Kenny

if I do it sure would be yours! Thank you guru of rocky points talk forum, now take 10 Valium and go back to writing.
Interesting, and how many and what color Valium did it take to come up with that incoherent scathing retort.:???: I must say Sonny, I'm more than a little disappointed in your comeback to our east coast cowboy's lack of patience, and rude rant.
OK, whats the news? Have you followed up on any of the leads you've been given, or should I have Joe personally get in touch with you by private email.:grin:

Interesting, and how many and what color Valium did it take to come up with that incoherent scathing retort.:???: I must say Sonny, I'm more than a little disappointed in your comeback to our east coast cowboy's lack of patience, and rude rant.
OK, whats the news? Have you followed up on any of the leads you've been given, or should I have Joe personally get in touch with you by private email.:grin:
Now Kenny, I really have to take umbrage with that characterization of my post....on a scale of 1 to 10, as far as rude rants go, I would have to put mine at somewhere around a 3 or 4 compared to some of the stuff we've seen on here. And as for a New York type response, it would be a minus 2 -3!! :lol: And I didn't even resort to the normal slapdown that's used on most forums when a newbie reacts the way this one did....particularly with the criticism and impatience.....they're pointed to the search function!

And then we have the "valium" retort? Is that the best he/she can do???? :stir:

I just re-read the OP....maybe the person is looking for a "freebie"....someone to offer adding on another receiver to their US account ($5-6 per month) and letting him/her use the receiver????? That's the only way of getting satellite tv "on the cheap"!

There is a person that I've worked with who has this knack of coming to you for help whenever he has a job to do...asking questions (and question....after question)....and after you're done answering his stream of questions, you've wound up doing the job for him!

Last edited:
There is a person that I've worked with who has this knack of coming to you for help whenever he has a job to do...asking questions (and question....after question)....and after you're done answering his stream of questions, you've wound up doing the job for him!
and just who might that be Joe..? Your Boss..? :stir:

Kenny

Now Kenny, I really have to take umbrage with that characterization of my post....on a scale of 1 to 10, as far as rude rants go, I would have to put mine at somewhere around a 3 or 4 compared to some of the stuff we've seen on here. And as for a New York type response, it would be a minus 2 -3!! :lol: And I didn't even resort to the normal slapdown that's used on most forums when a newbie reacts the way this one did....particularly with the criticism and impatience.....they're pointed to the search function!

And then we have the "valium" retort? Is that the best he/she can do???? :stir:

I just re-read the OP....maybe the person is looking for a "freebie"....someone to offer adding on another receiver to their US account ($5-6 per month) and letting him/her use the receiver????? That's the only way of getting satellite tv "on the cheap"!

If you don't do something about this Pansy a##ed attitude you're getting Joe, I'm going to think that little test you took to determine if you were a conservative or progressive was accurate. (he scored leaning toward progressive) Think about it Joe, you've even developed a pretty good sense of humor, and God knows that for some reason our right wing friends are dearly lacking in that department.

Where did Benny go?

Last edited:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Sonny, aka si! has very cheap dishes!!! in Benito Juarez and do not pay attention to those 2 they always go around derailing threads!!