Heads up. Some Mexican Hot Sauces Contain Lead, Study Says.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I don't think it matters if you use the hot sauce if you also eat at Taco Bell one thing or the other.....

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
So I guess it's up to the reader to figure out which ones tested positive themselves? I hate the news these days, they tell me 4 brands tested for high levels of lead but then don't mention which 4 brands. That is hardly news if you can't inform me of which 4 brands to avoid.

I don't think it matters if you use the hot sauce if you also eat at Taco Bell one thing or the other.....
Not sure if I'd be scared of lead.
I used to work at Taco Bell when I was in HS.........many moons ago. You could put a dirty penny in the little container of sauce and in day or so, that penny would be clean and shiny. Cant imagine what it did to our stomachs all those years. :eek:

playaperro

El Pirata
The four brands of Hot Sauce from Mexico with high lead levels were:

-El Pato - Salsa Picante

-El Yucateco - Salsa Picante de Chile Habanero

-Castillo - Salsa Habanera

-Bufalo - Salsa Clasica

-Time forSriracha made in La, Cali

Kenny

Oh man! Castillo's Salsa Habanera is my favorite and not only do I have one opened now, there's a extra one in the cupboard as well

jerry

what makes you think I want to be your go to guy?
Well I do not think you can be trusted when it comes to potential dangers in Mexico.This no big deal ....Except You Are A Tourist Guide!.......You always have a "well in Tempe the hookers are far worse" type of story when someone gets rolled by the Black Widow.It is sort of annoying knowing after someone has their head bashed in by cartel to know if I come on the forum and it is reported there you will be making up some excuse for Mexico.That guy in Jaws from the tourist office that insists on keeping the beach open even though the sharks are eating the tourists.......he is you.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Well I do not think you can be trusted when it comes to potential dangers in Mexico.This no big deal ....Except You Are A Tourist Guide!.......You always have a "well in Tempe the hookers are far worse" type of story when someone gets rolled by the Black Widow.It is sort of annoying knowing after someone has their head bashed in by cartel to know if I come on the forum and it is reported there you will be making up some excuse for Mexico.That guy in Jaws from the tourist office that insists on keeping the beach open even though the sharks are eating the tourists.......he is you.
We are talking about hot sauce....alarmist unite!