Heads up. Some Mexican Hot Sauces Contain Lead, Study Says.

Sonora

Not sure if I'd be scared of lead.
I used to work at Taco Bell when I was in HS.........many moons ago. You could put a dirty penny in the little container of sauce and in day or so, that penny would be clean and shiny. Cant imagine what it did to our stomachs all those years. :eek:
The vinegar in the hot sauce does the cleaning. Putting a dirty penny in a bowl of pureed tomatoes and letting it sit will do the same thing. Imagine what tomatoes do to your insides......:D Anything mildly acidic will do it.

If your stomach was made of metal you would have something to be worried about.

Kenny

Castillo salsa habanera.jpg I threw out my half finished bottle but just couldn't throw out the unopened one and then I had a thought as I looked at it sitting on the table...Hey, I was right! Lead is not listed as a ingredient and to think I almost threw out the full one too. I knew it hadn't effected me as my thinking is as clear that beam of light I see; never mind.

GV Jack

Snorin God
View attachment 6379 I threw out my half finished bottle but just couldn't throw out the unopened one and then I had a thought as I looked at it sitting on the table...Hey, I was right! Lead is not listed as a ingredient and to think I almost threw out the full one too. I knew it hadn't effected me as my thinking is as clear that beam of light I see; never mind.
Man I'm glad someone else sees that.