Help finding lodging next weekend (6/24)

B

blackrose1973

I'm thinking of coming down to Rocky Point this coming weekend, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how the lodging scene works.

It seems like a condo on Sandy Beach would be perfect, but the reviews I'm finding are all over the place and it's hard to figure the pricing out. I have a feeling there are markups that I'm not aware of and that I would show up and realize I could have paid much less if I had just waited - I've done that before :p

Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Nick

LoveIt@TheBeach

Hi I have a friend that owns a 2 bed/2 bath @ Princesa. Very nice property and good rates. Let me know if you are interested and I will forward his e-mail. Thanks!

Braden_909

Design & Marketing Gringo
Hey Blackrose,

I personally work for a vacation rental company and I can offer you some specials that you won't get anywhere else! Please send me a message via inbox for how many nights you will be staying and how much you're expecting to pay per night and I'll get back to you as quickly as possible. I'll be on all day today and I'd love to help! Like I said, I'm in a position where I can offer you some deals that you won't get from personal renters or other companies!

Just let me know if you're interested, via inbox please :)

Thanks!

R

Rewls

Hello i work at Terranova Inversiones if you would like to look at some condos on sandy beach i would be more than happy to show you a few. my names is Pablo Alzate i speak both english and spanish and your more than welcome to contact me at my mexican cell phone #01152638 1074531 email [email protected] or your more than welcome to stop by the office on benito juarez blvd y lauro contreras its just before you get to the malecon (old port). hope you have a great time in rocky point.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Braden,
He can't use the private message function until he has 5 posts. Perhaps he could contact you on FB.

Braden_909

I'm thinking of coming down to Rocky Point this coming weekend, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how the lodging scene works.

It seems like a condo on Sandy Beach would be perfect, but the reviews I'm finding are all over the place and it's hard to figure the pricing out. I have a feeling there are markups that I'm not aware of and that I would show up and realize I could have paid much less if I had just waited - I've done that before :p

Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Nick

Ladyjeeper is correct! You can't inbox me yet! I'm sorry for not noticing!

No worries, so check this out, I have setup a deal just for you.

Right now we have a 2bedroom 2bath condo at Las Gaviotas (see pic below) for only $130 per night. If you rent the friday night, saturday night and sunday night, I'll give you sunday night free. So you only pay 2 nights and you get the 3rd free.

Las Gaviotas are seriously beautiful condominiums. Even if you book through a different company, I personally suggest that you ask them for Las Gaviotas. They are very very nice condos. Right on the beach, they offer privacy, while also being very very close to town. They're on the same beautiful Sandy Beach as the other condominiums here but require a much shorter drive to town, because of the road that leads to them is actually part of the city grid system as opposed to other condominiums, so they're really nice. The interiors are very very comfortable and will make you feel like you own the place. You won't even know you're in a rental, you'll think it's your own vacation home

Just let me know here if you're interested or if you'd like to give me a call, you can from the U.S. at 602-445-6222, just ask for "Braden"! You can also email me personally at [email protected].

B

blackrose1973

Thanks for the replies guys! I found this forum almost by accident and it definitely seems to be the place to be.

@ LoveIt@TheBeach: I would love to talk to him, my email is [email protected]
@ Braden_909: I am very interested in hearing about those specials! Like LadyJeeper said, I'm a few posts away from PM privileges so maybe by email?
@ Rewls: I'll send you an email as soon as I'm off here.

B

blackrose1973

That seems like a good deal! Unfortunately I have to be bck to work on Monday so I really only need the two nights.

Does that price include the taxes and fees?

Braden_909

Including all taxes and fees, for 2 nights, our 2bed 2bath Las Gaviotas units as I mentioned above, would be $350.20 TOTAL.

I think we can work it down however! Shoot me an email, [email protected] and we'll talk details :)

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
When you get your pricing, make sure that all deposits (refundable/etc.), and cleaning fees are also listed.

Roberto

Well Known Member
Braden Sez #1 Right now we have a 2bedroom 2bath condo at Las Gaviotas (see pic below) for only $130 per night.

Braden Sez #2 "for 2 nights, our 2bed 2bath Las Gaviotas units as I mentioned above, would be $350.20 TOTAL."

??? So which is it? $130 per night or $175.00 ? ($350/2= $175.00)

They already told you they were worried about hidden fees !!!
blackrose sez: "I have a feeling there are markups that I'm not aware of and that I would show up and realize I could have paid much less "

Braden_909

$130 is for the condominium, the question was if it included all fees, $350 is with all fees included.

Roberto

Well Known Member
They already told you they were worried about hidden fees !!!
blackrose sez: "I have a feeling there are markups that I'm not aware of and that I would show up and realize I could have paid much less "

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
As Roberto suggested.....provide a breakout of ALL the fees in addition to the nightly rate.....taxes, deposits, cleaning fee, etc., etc., etc!!!

Braden_909

Hello again Blackrose,

As suggested by other forum members, here is an all-inclusive breakdown of our pricing for these nights, the condominium selected is Las Gaviotas LG424.

Please note: We're pretty much the only vacation rental company that keeps our system in "Off-Peak Season" pricing year-long. We know the economy is tough and it's no time to be trying to squeeze any extra pennies out of your wallet, that's why we don't charge expensive holiday or season pricing. The ONLY holiday we charge more for is Easter, and even then it's very very reasonable, just to cover the added expenses.

Let me know if I can personally do anything else to help you.

Last edited:

lunarz

I stayed at Posada la Roca. It was simple, clean, reasonable, & I got to really check out Puerto Penasco

Braden_909

I stayed at Posada la Roca. It was simple, clean, reasonable, & I got to really check out Puerto Penasco
Great way to see all that Rocky Point is! Historical and close to town. Posada La Roca is a nice place to stay. It's not necessarily the choice for the "beach-going" visitor however, but you're right it is a great way to check out Rocky Point.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
Las Palomas owners often advertise the 'owner' discounted rate on sites such as VRBO. Make sure that the unit is in the rental pool to avoid any surprises. Below are sample 'owner' rates for Las Palomas (the only 4 diamond rated resort in Puerto Penasco by AAA). the rate includes pool towels, daily maid service, 24 hour hotel service. Add 5.5% to the rate below for the grand total expected...
1 bedroom ocean view $145 per night weekend (2 nights with 5.5% fee is $305.95)
2 bedroom ocean view $190 per night weekend (2 nights with 5.5% fee is $400.90)

B

blackrose1973

I appreciate everyone here helping me out, it makes a huge difference to me.

Braden, I appreciate you letting me know about the full price. the total is pretty much the same I'm finding online though. Not that that is bad, I'm just trying to learn the rental system in RP.

I have a couple of emails out and am checking on VRBO as well.

Roberto

Well Known Member
My all time favorite is the ONLY place you can stay and step out of your room directly on to the beach. Granada del Mar on the Malecon. Was a flat $75 for a lower level efficiency with a kitchen and fireplace !