HELP LOST KAYAKERS

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
MIRAMAR said:
THEY HAVE BEEN FOUND! THEY SLEPT ON THE SHORE, FOUND A FISHERMAN'S HOUSE AND THEY CALLED. SO THANK YOU, THANK YOU THANK YOU! WE'VE TOLD THE HARBOR MASTER, THE PANGAS, ETC. THANK YOU ALL VERY VERY MUCH. A COLD NIGHT WAS MADE SO MUCH BETTER TODAY!
:shock: :D :D :D :D

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Thank the Lord! This is great news!

I'm glad to be on a forum with so many people who jumped up to help, even offering to drive down and search. You have restored my faith in humanity. It took quite a beating this year.

Thanks to all of you.

Chari

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
Ladyjeeper said:
Thank the Lord! This is great news!

I'm glad to be on a forum with so many people who jumped up to help, even offering to drive down and search. You have restored my faith in humanity. It took quite a beating this year.

Thanks to all of you.

Chari
I was thinking the same thing. I had a smile on my face, after seeing all the replies.

I'm glad I know you guys.

HAPPY

User is currently banned
Lesson to be learned here,___ PARENTS DON'T send your kids out in them things without a handheld, & someone on beach with the same & check back & forth it is fun for kids, but above all it a good safety meassure, ___ For me, I wouldn't let any kid under 18, out there, a couple yrs. back we were heading back in, about 200 yds. from shore, in same area, when I saw a couple of tubes out in front of me, some kids having fun, didn't have a clue as to how dangerous they were playing, it was late in day & so I was booking, so I was closing fast, if it wasn't for my cc sitting as all cc do a little higher than most boats I may very well have hit them, another good thing about Center Consoles, besides being excellent fishing machines, ___ by the way we stopped & advised the kids of the dangers that they faced, you should have seen how fast they paddled to shore, we had to smile, & we hung around till they were almost to beach,

:fish: y :fish: y :fish: y

don

Boy, you're so right DM, Happy sure has a list of contacts, and he is a valuable resource of information.

He's right on target about the kayak warning. Several years ago, my son and friend wanted to use a buddies kayaks. We told them to stay within 50 yards of shore. But we neglected to give them distance boundaries. In no time they were out of sight, and we couldn't find them. Fortunately it was during daylight and summer but still, after not seeing them for hours, it was still scary.

Hmmm, couple of young teenage boys cruisin' the shoreline during summer... Think they were looking for rays?

A handheld is cheap insurance. BTW, I go over the handhelds with my wife and kids every year before we use em', cuz its easy to forget how to change channels, and what does the sq dial mean again?

Kenny

Whew! That's great news. All morning I was thinking about the big tide we are having right now and hoping it would shoot them back in, I guess it did. That must have been a ride to remember and one hell of a relief for so many people.
What's the surprise? Happy has been going down for years, more than most, and he has many friends, contacts. I may not be a very good contact, but I am a friend. :D Everyone jumped in that could, is that family or what.. :sunny:

Here Fishy, fishy. :eek3:

Kenny

jerry

10 years from now regardless of what bad crap life has been thrown at those girls they can make eye contact across some crowded room and know they can deal with anything.Friends for life is my bet.

jerry

Funny how things work out I got this e-mail from my friends that were in Santo Tomas staying at my house this week.

"Jerry,

Thank you so much for the beach house, I love it there! Attached is my
friend who went with me, he was so glad you are a luchadero fan!!!

Hey the place is incredible and we just chilled out; well except for one lil
thing that happened:

On the 3rd day we decided to take the quad to the beach so we could go
farther down and chill, well of course it did not start when we were going
to return so at sunset we began what turned out to be a 6 hr & 12 mile,
barefoot walk on the beach by the full moon! When we thought we would not
make it we saw a beacon of light which kept up our spirits. We scared the
hell out of Shelly, Doug, Bonnie and Milo who had started a fire at the
"club house" as a beacon for some kayakers who had gotten lost (they were
found!) so we shared their tequila and they drove us home!! Early the next
day they help rescue your quad and it is now safely back home with clean
battery cables! It is great to have stories to tell!!!!