Help me understand one facet of Obamacare:

Southbeacher: I am not being political, just stating facts. If obummercare reduced my rates and gave me better coverage I would be all over it.
Didn't mean you, Dirt. Was just referring to my own reaction to the subject as it relates to, say, blood pressure and my tendency to be outspoken. As far as your grievances, they only touch the surface of . . . uh . . . surprises in store. But there I go again. Shields up. Signing out.

See what I mean, Dirt? These things always deteriorate into mud slinging, which of course never addresses or resolves the issue. Futile. What does count, though, is that I make the best margaritas.

GV Jack

Snorin God
See what I mean, Dirt? These things always deteriorate into mud slinging, which of course never addresses or resolves the issue. Futile. What does count, though, is that I make the best margaritas.
Wait a second SBeacher. He NEVER once mentioned Fox News or O'Reilly. Give credit where credit is due.

GV Jack

Snorin God
Need a lot more margaritas in my life!
My invention (by name only) is the "summer special" whereby you order a margarita and a beer at the same time, several times. Can we all agree this is genius?
That's why I drink Limeritas when here in the sticks.

cholla

I think large groups will have better premiums and fare better. Individuals and small businesses have seen the largest increases. If you qualify for the subsidies healthcare is relatively inexpensive but those who do not qualify will see increased rates to pay for the subsidies. It all has to paid for one way or another, unless our government just keeps borrowing money to pay for things like it has.

Especially the large groups that get taxpayer funding. Voting 'not to increase the payments' is not a viable option for most small business.

jerry

I subsidize homeowners,people with kids,people who join the military,people with farms,people with cattle,people that get paid not to grow cotton,people that live in coastal flooding areas.....why does this one bother you so much...

Last edited:
I don't believe in any forced subsidies, giving or handouts. I especially don't want to pay another giant bureaucracy to "manage" health care. I am absolutely not opposed to individuals supporting, giving, donating and choosing to help individuals or organizations.
For me, (and I would like to see an intelligent arguement that counters my feelings) income taxes are no different that slavery. Right I now I am forced to give up almost a third of my productive, hard earned income, no different than forcing me to work for free as a slave. The government forces me to pay these taxes and severely punishes me if I don't just as a slaveholder forces his slaves to work and punishes then if they don't.
I sum it up as this: Leave me the hell alone, I leave you the hell alone. If I CHOOSE to donate or help the needy it is entirely my decision. Government should be limited, and focused on infrastructure, military, police and law.

jerry

Well,we are one nation and use the same roads,poop in the same sewer lines,educate our kids in the same schools( or get subsides to pay some conmen to teach them Jesus had a pet Dinosaur in a religious school) It is a fact that our tax rate is lower than in Ike's day.Things are pretty good these days and if talk radio did not keep making well off white people think they are oppressed we would all be happier

rplarry

Well,we are one nation and use the same roads,poop in the same sewer lines,educate our kids in the same schools( or get subsides to pay some conmen to teach them Jesus had a pet Dinosaur in a religious school). It is a fact that our tax rate is lower than in Ike's day.Things are pretty good these days and if talk radio did not keep making well off white people think they are oppressed we would all be happier
You must have gone to Harvard, or another Ivy league school, because that last sentence I just do not understand.

Can you repeat that in Phoenix College language ??

You must have gone to Harvard, or another Ivy league school, because that last sentence I just do not understand.

Can you repeat that in Phoenix College language ??
I think I read that as: Talk radio has infiltrated the vulnerable minds of many white folk who consequently believe that their nation is being taken.

Roberto

For me, (and I would like to see an intelligent arguement that counters my feelings) income taxes are no different that slavery. Right I now I am forced to give up almost a third of my productive, hard earned income, no different than forcing me to work for free as a slave. The government forces me to pay these taxes and severely punishes me if I don't just as a slaveholder forces his slaves to work and punishes then if they don't.
I sum it up as this: Leave me the hell alone, I leave you the hell alone.
This is a silly argument. You seem to forget what you get in return for the taxes you pay. Maybe if you would agree to not use ANY goverment supplied or subsidized services at any time you would not have to pay taxes. No roads to drive on, no schools for your children, no hospitals, no electricity, etc. you can add to this list if you think about it.

Additionally it is good that you describe your thoughts as feelings as no one can argue against feelings, they are yours. Facts are another matter.