HOME PORT (CRUISE) THREAD

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
much of the work is taking place on the east side Wrecked. I would say that the west side of the reef park will be operational for some time. Not sure if you park east of the buildings.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
AWESOME! Those are great pics. I'ts incredible to see all the different websites out there posting the progress of the Home Port. It's nice to see the cruise ship home port process physically begin.

Nine days ago I went out there & the surveyors were doing there thing big time in that area. Man they are not wasting anytime. I went out there today & they are now tearing down block fence's, pulling hundreds of yards of barb wire fencing, staking markers all over the place. SBR told me they have to make room for all the trucks & equipment.

Exciting times my friends. This will be Mexico's ONLY cruise ship home port. This is huge for RP. Cant wait to take the first cruise from RP!

Not exactly the sentiment felt in Cholla Bay.

playaperro

El Pirata
"Statendam" Arrives For Guaymas Holiday ...

Guaymenses live a holiday yesterday, with the arrival of more than 1800 visitors aboard the cruise ship "Statendam" who had, once again, warm welcome

From 7 in the morning people came to the Malecon Tourism to witness the arrival of ship "Statendam", the atmosphere felt festive despite the bitter cold that was felt on Monday morning.

At 7:30 pm the bow stuck in the Bay of Guaymas, later arriving at International Cruise Center with over 1,800 passengers, who were pleased with the reception they were prepared, with music by the Marching Band " Fine Arts "and folk ballet" Guaima ".

The joy was in the air, several tourists commented how beautiful Guaymas, others said they have returned several times and will return as often as they can, some of the passengers came from Germany, Chicago, California and Austria.

Among the points that had been scheduled visit, was the route to San Carlos, the historical area of Guaymas and outlets in different parts of the city such as Plaza Gun and the Malecon Tourism.

By 11 am the ceremonial reception among both state and municipal authorities was conducted with Captain Sybe Boer, the ship "Statendam" where acknowledgments were exchanged and impressions.

The general coordinator of the Commission for Tourism Development (Cofetur), Javier Tapia Camou said the hard work was done by the State Government in conjunction with the mayor of Guaymas, Otto Claussen Iberri, that was achieved back cruises , as a tourist spot is considered of great importance.

"We are happy to be here the first cruise of the 14 that we will be getting the next 2014, Guaymas is safe, it's so we could get back cruises, this for us guaymenses is an important economic impact of more than 2 million pesos, "said the Mayor.

The 2nd Page

RATE THIS ITEM
(0 VOTES)
VIEWED 146 TIMES

Hooch

I still laugh every time I drive by wrecked. A cruise ship home port in Penasco lol it literally blows my mind. If people are willing to pay to see a garbage dump I think I may start a company doing day bus tours of Guadalupe from my house in Phoenix haha.

I still laugh every time I drive by wrecked. A cruise ship home port in Penasco lol it literally blows my mind. If people are willing to pay to see a garbage dump I think I may start a company doing day bus tours of Guadalupe from my house in Phoenix haha.
FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! o_O

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
aren't you a sweat heart

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life

WOW! Hooch is back!!!

Roberto

Jack Stein is one of Happy's monikers, yes. He used it here in the past.
Yes, he used to post to other threads using that moniker as well and added "Attorney at Law" until I send him a message pointing out that he might have a serious legal problem by claiming that:eek::eek::eek: He thanked me for that !!