HOME PORT (CRUISE) THREAD

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
Today (11/20/2013) an announcement should be made regarding the company chosen for the construction of the breakwaters.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
If you go to the reef you will notice the survey markers (just east of Wrecked at the Reef). I have also been told that wrecked at the reef will not be moving. It appears that only the eastern part of the building (around the men's restroom area) will be demolished. I am sure that Wrecked will be expanding West if needed. Construction should start soon.

Doug C.

Any info on the fate of the RV Park? If construction is on the East side will the park remain open?

Doug

Roberto

Well Known Member
Drove out there yesterday adn there is no obvious sign of cnstruction activity that I could see. Still people in RVs on the beach area, no heavy equipment evident. Does not mean it is not happening just that they are not rockin and rollin yet.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Drove out there yesterday adn there is no obvious sign of cnstruction activity that I could see. Still people in RVs on the beach area, no heavy equipment evident. Does not mean it is not happening just that they are not rockin and rollin yet.

You didn't see Eric's palm trees?

El Gato

Well Known Member
May they do a wonderful job and may it bring prosperity to Penasco. If done correctly it can remain a wonderful place to be and bring jobs to those that live there. Nothing ever stays the same no matter how we wish it to - the Penasco of my 40s disappeared so many decades ago - and yet my Penasco of this decade has brought its own beauty to Penasco. A place to always hold my heart and thoughts.

Eric

AWESOME! Those are great pics. I'ts incredible to see all the different websites out there posting the progress of the Home Port. It's nice to see the cruise ship home port process physically begin.

Nine days ago I went out there & the surveyors were doing there thing big time in that area. Man they are not wasting anytime. I went out there today & they are now tearing down block fence's, pulling hundreds of yards of barb wire fencing, staking markers all over the place. SBR told me they have to make room for all the trucks & equipment.

Exciting times my friends. This will be Mexico's ONLY cruise ship home port. This is huge for RP. Cant wait to take the first cruise from RP!

Eric

Lets do flyover and see how big Palm Tress are!
Excellent video Playa! I knew somebody could back me up. Pause the video at the 1:05 mark & AMAZING there are the 15 to 20 palm trees east of Wrecked that were always there that a couple of people on this forum accused me of fabricating their existence. Hmmm now we have the proof that they were all there & now removed. I only report what I see. I see progress and I report it..

dlmoo1

Question, Is the reef rv park still there we were coming for New Years and planning on staying there?

Roberto

Well Known Member
Excellent video Playa! I knew somebody could back me up. Pause the video at the 1:05 mark & AMAZING there are the 15 to 20 palm trees east of Wrecked that were always there that a couple of people on this forum accused me of fabricating their existence. Hmmm now we have the proof that they were all there & now removed. I only report what I see. I see progress and I report it..
Hey Eric, you are doing a great job. Keep it up.

Eric

Question, Is the reef rv park still there we were coming for New Years and planning on staying there?
Today I saw apx 3 motorhomes camping in RV area west of Wrecked & apx 4 campers east of Wrecked. Appears that RV area , Wrecked & Mar Blu is business as usual. Id imagine that they will be active for some time as it will take some time ( 1 or 2 years? ) to complete the pier, etc..

Roberto

Well Known Member
There are still lots of RVs stored there and people in the park. I looked for a phone number with no success, maybe someone will have it.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I have reservations for 30 RVs at the Reef for March, they should not be affected by the work too much, after this season I think say Bye bye to the Reef RV park, we'll see