Homecoming

Scrounger

I just wanted to thank y'all for accepting my membership. A perfect place to catch up on PP. I kinda grew up in Cholla from 59 to 71. (A short description of our adventures is in my Bio thing) I'm very excited about coming back for a visit in mid October. Looking forward to seeing the changes in the last 18 years. A little fishing and a lot of relaxing !! I've picked up so much info that I'm grateful. I hope you'll allow me to ask a stupid question or two. Maybe I'll make PP a habit...I hope so !

Scrounger

I tried to convince my Father (87) to come down with us. I love that old coot. But he would rather remember P.P. as in the early 60's laying out at Sandy Beach (naked?) with almost nobody around. Hasta Luego Borrego

jerry

When you went to Santo Tomas back then did you ever meet the old German uboat guy that lived in a shack on the point 3 miles south?

Scrounger

When you went to Santo Tomas back then did you ever meet the old German uboat guy that lived in a shack on the point 3 miles south?
You know Jerry, I believe we did. This guy was down the beach a ways and he had a long red beard and was a guero, light complected (almost freckled I think) Anyway he took us out in an old panga and was hand lining with a clorox bottle for a reel and a rock or something for a weight.It was a long time ago and my memory is a bit vague. I must have been in Jr High maybe'71 !! I do remember that he spoke only spanish and pulled in some big fish otf the bottom, Grouper I'd guess. My Stepdad, who's spanish was OK talked him into taking us out. He looked looked he could've been German but maybe just and old guerro pescador. Great memories. we would stay near Gilbert Soto's trailer.(retired Judge : Nogales, AZ) We were usually in a RV and some tents when in Santo Tomas back then

jerry

You know Jerry, I believe we did. This guy was down the beach a ways and he had a long red beard and was a guero, light complected (almost freckled I think) Anyway he took us out in an old panga and was hand lining with a clorox bottle for a reel and a rock or something for a weight.It was a long time ago and my memory is a bit vague. I must have been in Jr High maybe'71 !! I do remember that he spoke only spanish and pulled in some big fish otf the bottom, Grouper I'd guess. My Stepdad, who's spanish was OK talked him into taking us out. He looked looked he could've been German but maybe just and old guerro pescador. Great memories. we would stay near Gilbert Soto's trailer.(retired Judge : Nogales, AZ) We were usually in a RV and some tents when in Santo Tomas back then
No that was him.He had a shack up on the dunes and was there till 70s. I once heard he had Nazi medals in his shack.His boat was held in South America during the war and he jumped ship...the locals said he was a really good fisherman.

Scrounger

No that was him.He had a shack up on the dunes and was there till 70s. I once heard he had Nazi medals in his shack.His boat was held in South America during the war and he jumped ship...the locals said he was a really good fisherman.
Amazing story !