Homeport: All Ideas Welcome, What will work. good bad ugly bring it on!!!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
The home port as they are selling it will never be so might as well open it up for smaller sport craft/fishing boats or some kind of pier for fishing/ small shops or something other than an eye sore.

Landshark

Let's kill two birds with one stone. Ban all commercial fishing/shrimping indefinitely in the SOC and pay the fishermen/shrimpers a subsidy so they can survive. Seize all funds allocated to the Homeport project and use them to fund the subsidies. Leave the jetty as is for sport fishing and as a reminder to not make poor decisions.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Let's kill two birds with one stone. Ban all commercial fishing/shrimping indefinitely in the SOC and pay the fishermen/shrimpers a subsidy so they can survive. Seize all funds allocated to the Homeport project and use them to fund the subsidies. Leave the jetty as is for sport fishing and as a reminder to not make poor decisions.

#1 idea so far IMHO

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life

So basically the same thing we're going to do with the coal industry in the states. Use federal money to give coal workers severance to retire so that we can start a renewable industry based around wind and fusion power from the sun or new smaller "personal" fusion reactors. We can never re-train coal workers to do a more technical job with renewable so instead pay them off and move them out. It's the only way.

Landshark

So basically the same thing we're going to do with the coal industry in the states. Use federal money to give coal workers severance to retire so that we can start a renewable industry based around wind and fusion power from the sun or new smaller "personal" fusion reactors. We can never re-train coal workers to do a more technical job with renewable so instead pay them off and move them out. It's the only way.
Following that concept federal grants could be created to fund construction of eco-friendly fish and shrimp farms up and down the coast. The work force would be the subsidized shrimpers and fishermen. A complete transformation and modernization of the fishing industry.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
who gives a flying f$@#. Why not complain about it once it is built and completed (2 years, 5 years, 50 years or never). Some of you complain about the damn project for years (10 years of bitching and moaning about a plan or course of construction). How many times can you recycle the same complaints? blah blah blah
why not built up a reserve of 'I told you so' or 'look it resulted in death of all mankind' or 'they are hanging heads on the ships' when the damn thing is finished. Some of you kill me with 'repeat' overload of the same sh%$... when the damn thing is not even finished yet.

where is my snickers bar

jerry

who gives a flying f$@#. Why not complain about it once it is built and completed (2 years, 5 years, 50 years or never). Some of you complain about the damn project for years (10 years of bitching and moaning about a plan or course of construction). How many times can you recycle the same complaints? blah blah blah
why not built up a reserve of 'I told you so' or 'look it resulted in death of all mankind' or 'they are hanging heads on the ships' when the damn thing is finished. Some of you kill me with 'repeat' overload of the same sh%$... when the damn thing is not even finished yet.

where is my snickers bar
I did tell you so on buying that condo in Dubai..sort of like dealing with the Nazi's but oh well...
Now Trump is coming and the mexicans are going be provoked by that demon into marching all Sandy Beach americans to the end of rhe Homeport Jetty then ...time to jump....a redtide of pidgeon coop owners will float off the coast..

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
I did tell you so on buying that condo in Dubai..sort of like dealing with the Nazi's but oh well...
Now Trump is coming and the mexicans are going be provoked by that demon into marching all Sandy Beach americans to the end of rhe Homeport Jetty then ...time to jump....a redtide of pidgeon coop owners will float off the coast..
Yes!!!! I love that passion... I just want to make sure you have enough material when the port is done (if it is finished). Why not save some of this material for then.

Kelney

Make America Great Again! Oh and Mexico; it is fairly jacked up on multiple fronts but in all honesty that is why I sort of like the place. Things could get interesting.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
So after several years of missed deadlines, embezzlement and cost overruns, we still can't call it a failure? Does this mean we still need hold off judgement on Las Palomas Phase 3, Esmerelda, Tesoro, etc?
ok, you can call it a failure... but you have to promise to not repeat yourself and you have to use a creative way to describe the failure each time.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
So after several years of missed deadlines, embezzlement and cost overruns, we still can't call it a failure? Does this mean we still need hold off judgement on Las Palomas Phase 3, Esmerelda, Tesoro, etc?

Ben, dont worry about dry heave I mean heat. He doesn't mean harm but he's a booster so he can't help himself. Notice how Russ liked his comment... Heat/Black 2016 "Make the Forum Great Again"

In all seriousness, this is post of the year.

Yes, we can call it a failure. Then again, I guess if you're a booster you could call the airport a success but it doesn't get used and I'm sure the project was sold under the guise bs trickle down economics of how the poor people of Penasco were going to benefit from it... Whatever happened to the airport? Dont really hear much about that successful economic project bringing in all that cash to the city...

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Noticed how I "liked" your post? I am an equal opportunity post liker.

It will either get built or it won't. Unless you live here fulltime or have a vested interest in the community it really shouldn't matter to you.

The coastal highway took way longer to build than was anticipated and projected, but here it is up and running and is the preferred path from Southern California to Peñasco.

Patience is a virtue.