Honeys, I'm home!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Uneventful drive altho my Jeep started to overheat halfway between Ajo and Gila Bend. We thought we got it fixed last week but I guess not. The rest of the drive I had 270 air conditioning.... 2 windows down, 70 miles per hour. Argh, it was hot! My feet are cooked! I'm not complaining tho, I got home and as my mom always says, "any ride is better than walking"! LOL!

Now to my interesting border experience.......I don't know if they were bored or what but I got the 4 agent quadruple team American Inquisition today. An agent shined a light and mirror in my windshield cowl, a dog sniffed all around the Jeep, another agent got in the passenger side and rifled thru all my CDS, cigs, trash on the floor, a fourth agent was asking me crazy questions again. Where had I been, when did I come down, when was the last time I came down, (he knows the last time I can down, I am in his computer) why did I come down, what was in my cooler, is this really your passport, is this your Jeep even tho your name is on it, what was my occupation and when I told him he asked me if I was working in Mexico. Then, he asked me if I sure I wasn't in Caborca today? Rosie, was there a crime committed today in Caborca by a gringa grandota peliroja in a big red Jeep? LOL! Really! Kathy and Dave were waiting for me in the parking lot at Gringo Pass with her finger on your speed dial! He ran my pass port and finally let me go. I tell you, my bacon was scared! Ha Ha. I got home with it! I tell you, I got asked crazy questions once before but this was just wierd! What's your take on all of this? Why would they pick on a middle aged fluffy girl in a big Jeep? It was just wierd......

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
You suspicious lookin' woman! I had the opposite experience with cold...left Mexico late in the afternoon heading back to Colorado, top down on my '99 Wrangler...started climbing towards Flag...it got dark and cold, no place to pull off. Had to turn the heater on full blast. When I finally found a spot to pull off, my vinyl top was so stiff and cold, I could barely get it closed. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr and wounded fingers!:bunny:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Oh, the joys of owning a Jeep! I've been rained on, snowed on, sleeted on, got mud in my ears and the A/C vents and everywhere else, and wouldn't trade her for a Corvette! It's a Jeep thing, most don't understand! In the future, Sheryl, go to Little America in Flag. Those truck drivers are strong and most would help you put the top up. Ask me how I know....

Uneventful drive altho my Jeep started to overheat halfway between Ajo and Gila Bend. We thought we got it fixed last week but I guess not. The rest of the drive I had 270 air conditioning.... 2 windows down, 70 miles per hour. Argh, it was hot! My feet are cooked! I'm not complaining tho, I got home and as my mom always says, "any ride is better than walking"! LOL!

Now to my interesting border experience.......I don't know if they were bored or what but I got the 4 agent quadruple team American Inquisition today. An agent shined a light and mirror in my windshield cowl, a dog sniffed all around the Jeep, another agent got in the passenger side and rifled thru all my CDS, cigs, trash on the floor, a fourth agent was asking me crazy questions again. Where had I been, when did I come down, when was the last time I came down, (he knows the last time I can down, I am in his computer) why did I come down, what was in my cooler, is this really your passport, is this your Jeep even tho your name is on it, what was my occupation and when I told him he asked me if I was working in Mexico. Then, he asked me if I sure I wasn't in Caborca today? Rosie, was there a crime committed today in Caborca by a gringa grandota peliroja in a big red Jeep? LOL! Really! Kathy and Dave were waiting for me in the parking lot at Gringo Pass with her finger on your speed dial! He ran my pass port and finally let me go. I tell you, my bacon was scared! Ha Ha. I got home with it! I tell you, I got asked crazy questions once before but this was just wierd! What's your take on all of this? Why would they pick on a middle aged fluffy girl in a big Jeep? It was just wierd......
Chari...today it was the turn for the customs agents to PROFILE all "gringa grandota peliroja in a big red Jeep":moon:

Ours too was uneventful, even at the border. "In and out" no problem, which was a fantastic thing, because I forgot to go to the little girls room before we left and boy did I have to go by the time we got there.....damn soda's sneak up on you!! The only thing I noticed on the drive to the border was the amount of cars coming the other way, headed to RP (or beyond, I suppose). It was a great thing to see, BTW!! No problems until we got to Tucson. It came on the traffic report on the radio that there was a head on collision on Old Spanish Trail and the road was closed in both directions. Well, in order to get to our house, I had to go way out of my way. (I had dropped Bruce off at his work so he could pick up his truck and I called him to let him know about the accident). Unfortunately, my daughter came up on it on her way home from town and had to turn around and go the long way around to get home..........twenty plus miles when she only had six to go. I haven't gotten a chance to talk to her yet about it (we were texting), so I don't know the details but she said it was real bad. Where it happened is where there is a pretty dangerous curve in the road....it's not the first accident there and it won't be the last, unfortunately. I don't have a problem going out of my way due to an accident, and I seriously hope no one was killed, but I really wish people would pay more attention to their driving:deadhorse:. (We have to go through this routine during monsoon, because the Rincon Creek runs right through that part of the road and it floods big time). Anyway, that was the only problem the entire drive back!! (The drive down was uneventful as well!!!!)

OMG, NO!!!! I had stopped at Eegee's to get our fix and did it then. I hate texting, but that's all she has...........just text and data, so I can't actually "talk" to her, LOL!! She pays the bill, so what can I say?? BTW, I avoid, as much as possible, using the cell phone while I'm driving ...........it really should be against the law everywhere!!

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
What's your take on all of this?
They may have had intelligence (oxymoron, I know) concerning an event, drug shipment, crime, or something else committed in a similar vehicle, or to be on the lookout for a similar vehicle. That would be my best guess. Second, it's the whole box of chocolates thing. You never know what you're going to get when you pull up to that little booth. Most of the time, they scan our passports, ask a couple of questions, and are told to "Have a nice day!" Other times, it's off to secondary, dogs in my truck and on the boat, scanning everything with handheld sonar (busters), and 1001 questions that have absolutely nothing to do with my current border crossing. It's an attempt to fluster you, to make you trip and say something, anything, that might be the least bit incriminating or reveal a nervous posture about hiding something, like your bacon! All just part of the game. My best advice is always remove your sunglasses and look them directly in the eye when you answer their questions. 99% of the time I'm not bringing back anything I shouldn't and the other 1% is when there may be some leftover beers on the boat and I have a bottle or two of booze, putting me slightly over the limit for two people. They've never called me on it, even when they have done a secondary.

So, what's the deal, Chari? You starting a middle-aged fluffy lady smuggling ring or something? We're friends. You can tell us!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Ha Ha! Stuart. That's funny! The only thing I would like to Smuggle is the beach back with me! Or maybe more than one bottle of Bacardi Anejo since all of mine seem to have holes in them! LOL!

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Oh, the joys of owning a Jeep! I've been rained on, snowed on, sleeted on, got mud in my ears and the A/C vents and everywhere else, and wouldn't trade her for a Corvette! It's a Jeep thing, most don't understand! In the future, Sheryl, go to Little America in Flag. Those truck drivers are strong and most would help you put the top up. Ask me how I know....
I have a hard "freedom top" now. Just a couple of latches and it's off. Never got mud in my ears, tho!

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Lagrimas, I did get it. Just wanted you not to feel so all alone! Way to hang in there...keep posting...we need all views and information. The "regulars" on here are a pretty tight knit group and, as you can see, very opinionated! They are good people, as you seem to be.

So much drama! Stuart must love it! Heading south, and heading north sould have their own separate threads, since they involve their own separate issues. "Outgoing inspection" involves US taxpayer manpower and cost for "inspection" and harassment of US citizens by US agents as they leave the US for entry into Mexico. With not enough manpower to control our own border, why are we spending our manpower and economic resources to do Mexico's border inspection? If Mexico has a problem with contraband entering their country, they should do better than inspecting only 10% of the vehicular traffic entering their country. When leaving the US for Mexico, US citizens, and US LEGAL foreign residents only have to state that they are not transporting arms or ammunition, and that they do not have more than $10,000. No other questions are appropriate. My wife and I crossed into Mexico Monday afternoon at Lukeville. Two BCI agents, and two Border patrol agents were present for outgoing inspection. Two agents were armed with automatic weapons. We were waved through without being stopped. It has been my recent experience that it has been more intimidating to leave the country than to re-enter. Why?

AZ ROB

Jack if that was your car or one of you family members leaving the country illegally thru theft or assult you would be complaining that there should have been someone at the border to stop it from happening. Once you get thru the border everything changes.

The "regulars" on here are a pretty tight knit group and, as you can see, very opinionated! What are you talking about "opinionated" WHAT WE SAY HERE ARE ALL FACTS. ALL THE TRUTH AND NO OPINIONS.
OH I LOVE SANTA ALSO AND THERE IS ONE.

Wow, Chari, what an experience. Now I get that sometimes because I cross often. You don't really know what they are talking about. They just keep asking you questions to see what your reaction will be, and ask the same question over and over again to see if you get nervous. But when we have nothing to hide, it all works out. Sometimes, I think they are just bored and we provide the entertainment.