Hot Rod Ford

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
Hey Joe.........

Yesterday I ordered my 2023 F-150 Ford Raptor R Pick Up truck.

I am #3 from our local Ford dealer. Comes with the $27,000.00 Predator 5.2L V8 at 760 HP, the 37" wheel/tire/lift package and the coil spring suspension front and rear.

Don't have a build sheet on it yet so don't have any idea of other options. The main thing was to get my name on one soon to be on the assembly line.

Even though the Mustang GT500 with the 5.2L engine is rated for almost 200 mph that is obviously a little speedy for a truck. Word out is that the truck may be rated for 140 mph which is not that big of a deal since my current 2017 Raptor easily does 135 mph. Which makes our drive from Yuma to Mirador in just over two hours.

Any input?

JJ

OurForever

JJ. I fully support your Ford facts. However as an old school jeeper and modern day GM guy. I have to love/hate you!

Those Raptors are amazing! Pick me up in Mirador and I'll buy us a beer or 9!

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
O.F...

You don't know who I am do you!

My business is WWW.WILLYSJEEPPARTS.COM here in Yuma. All we do is "old school" 1940 thru 1968. Besides my Wrangler Rubicons I have daily drivers to include a 1947 Willys CJ-2A and a 1962 Willys Utility Station Wagon. Maybe forty more in storage.

Last GM product that I owned was a brand new 1970 Blazer. When the right rear wheel fell off on the way to Moab it went south with the drum, hub and entire rear axle shaft! Last GM for me EVER! The only thing that held it on in the diff was a 2" diameter snap ring.

I will be in Mirador next Thursday. Will be doing a Jeep beach run out at Salinas Point during the weekend. Let me know if you want to tag along.

JJ

Last edited:

joanC

Well Known Member
"You don't know who I am do you!"

Last time we heard that arrogant line was by Harvey Weinstein while being hauled away in handcuffs.

No, most everyone here has no idea who you are. I guess no one cared. It never struck us as important.

If you learn the identity of OurForever and numerous other folks on this site you will be surprised.

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
"They killed Kenny"

We all thought you were another body count from the scamdemic. So Kenny, you must be doing a makeover just like Jerry did.

Anyway most of us here have a few personal details posted in our "Account Details" when someone clicks on your emoji, unless of course you are hiding something. But then again you just might be Jerry with another account.

JJ

OurForever

JJ, I love those old jeeps! I just recently bought my newest Jeep, it is a 1995 YJ. Not sure why I bought it, but felt like I needed to have it! Everything else is mid 70s to 80s. I've made the Moab trip several times. Love going out there.

Can't decipher if learning my identity is good or bad! I'm pretty fun to be around. Or at least the voices in my head tell me that!! Lol

dirtsurfer

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
I just want a Raptor. Always have. My wife has a Mustang Mach e4 which is the fastest vehicle I have ever been in but I am a truck guy.

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
So OF...........

Do you keep a Jeep in PP? I always keep one of my TJ Rubicons down there. As I mentioned earlier I'll be down for four or five days next weekend if you want to tag along. There will some really big tides so plan on a surf casting rig to maybe snatch a corvina or two for the dinner plate. We will be poking around the enormous shell middens at Salinas Point made from thousands of years of oysters, clams, murexes and Cortez Conchs hauled up by the long gone Tepoca tribe that paddled out in their reed canoes to free dive for them back in the good old days.

As for identifying yourself on this or any other forum now days, you can absolutely count on a negative hate filled response related to ANY subject that you might bring up. Case in point: joanC above. He, she or it is so full of scalding acidic hateful piss that it probably flows from every pore on it's body. Being a "real estate agent" has it's draw backs especially when the people that you ripped off would just die to find out more about you. At least the used car salesmen in their Hawaiian shits and onion picker "cowboy" hats can make a quick retreat into the head at the dealership.

So another related subject..........has anyone heard anything from my "buddy" Kenny? The last time I saw him was at the PP Sam's Club parking lot maybe two years ago. He just stood there glaring at me with pure bloody hate in his eyes. Never had the balls to walk up at chat with me as I was guarding my open Jeep as the wife was in the store.

So there joanC, the "jig is up" with you, as more than likely your real name is Butterfield as in the Brill Creamed cabeza guy with your signature triple XXXL luau shirts from Big Lots.

And by the way joanC................UP YOURS!

JJ

Old55

Well Known Member
Congrats ! …Nice truck and putting the accessories price tag in the post…classy……to me a shitload of money for a truck when useful work is in the rear view mirror….that wasn't Kenny but funny he is in your head now. By the way now he thinks he beat the shit out of the wrong guy at Sams Club and is really sad .II hope to drag him out of the mountains to South Carolina this coming year.Our buddy bought one of these to bounce up and down the coast.https://www.scoutboats.com/model/251-xss/

Last edited:

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
Hey Jerry......

The price of the new V8 is not an accessory as it is the standard engine on the new Raptor R. That price is the cost of the crate engine from Ford Performance.

Funny thing on your post about Kenny's Scout boat. That was my last boat before my current Sea Pro. It was a 19 footer with a center console and T-top.

The wettest boat I've ever owned and appropriately named "Wet Willy". It had a Yamaha 250 V-6 four stroke and could get me to Isla San Jorge in under an hour out of the port. Even with that engine I never felt safe as once it seized up with a half mile of monofilament gill net wrapped around the prop and another time I hit a wood pallet out there at speed causing a sudden prop stoppage. Try cranking that 250 with your lawn mower pull cord! Almost killed me each time. The only safe way to approach the Gulf is with twins like I have now.

As for a "work truck" I do have a new Ford F-350 4x4 diesel dually crew cab with the 22,000 lb. tow package that can haul anything at 100 mph. That's the truck I was driving last July when we stopped at Bowie to look you up.

JJ

Perry Apfelbeck

So OF...........

Do you keep a Jeep in PP? I always keep one of my TJ Rubicons down there. As I mentioned earlier I'll be down for four or five days next weekend if you want to tag along. There will some really big tides so plan on a surf casting rig to maybe snatch a corvina or two for the dinner plate. We will be poking around the enormous shell middens at Salinas Point made from thousands of years of oysters, clams, murexes and Cortez Conchs hauled up by the long gone Tepoca tribe that paddled out in their reed canoes to free dive for them back in the good old days.

As for identifying yourself on this or any other forum now days, you can absolutely count on a negative hate filled response related to ANY subject that you might bring up. Case in point: joanC above. He, she or it is so full of scalding acidic hateful piss that it probably flows from every pore on it's body. Being a "real estate agent" has it's draw backs especially when the people that you ripped off would just die to find out more about you. At least the used car salesmen in their Hawaiian shits and onion picker "cowboy" hats can make a quick retreat into the head at the dealership.

So another related subject..........has anyone heard anything from my "buddy" Kenny? The last time I saw him was at the PP Sam's Club parking lot maybe two years ago. He just stood there glaring at me with pure bloody hate in his eyes. Never had the balls to walk up at chat with me as I was guarding my open Jeep as the wife was in the store.

So there joanC, the "jig is up" with you, as more than likely your real name is Butterfield as in the Brill Creamed cabeza guy with your signature triple XXXL luau shirts from Big Lots.

And by the way joanC................UP YOURS!

JJ

Perry Apfelbeck

JJ
Never posted on here before but have been reading for several years and enjoy your stories and would like to meet you or any other members. We would love to tag along on your Salinas Point run but doubt the ride we keep down there is worthy. Have a 08 Grand Vitara with a few inches of lift and 31's on it but it's a total pooch power wise. We are going to be down tomorrow and staying for a week or so.

Perry

OurForever

JJ, I will be towing one of my jeeps behind the motorhome. We will be in RP June 4th-22nd. I'm thinking I'll take the 78 CJ7. Pretty sweet ride. Has the 80s Look to it. The fat wide tires/wheels. All of my jeeps have been swapped to fuel injection and add on AC. Fat people like me need cool air even if the top is off! I'm always game to go on an off road adventure!

playaperro

El Pirata
"They killed Kenny"

We all thought you were another body count from the scamdemic. So Kenny, you must be doing a makeover just like Jerry did.

Anyway most of us here have a few personal details posted in our "Account Details" when someone clicks on your emoji, unless of course you are hiding something. But then again you just might be Jerry with another account.

JJ
I don’t think that’s Kenny, Kenny writes totally different hasn’t been in Penasco in 15 years.
Will that engine fit in my F150 JJ?

Old55

Well Known Member
Hey Jerry......

The price of the new V8 is not an accessory as it is the standard engine on the new Raptor R. That price is the cost of the crate engine from Ford Performance.

Funny thing on your post about Kenny's Scout boat. That was my last boat before my current Sea Pro. It was a 19 footer with a center console and T-top.

The wettest boat I've ever owned and appropriately named "Wet Willy". It had a Yamaha 250 V-6 four stroke and could get me to Isla San Jorge in under an hour out of the port. Even with that engine I never felt safe as once it seized up with a half mile of monofilament gill net wrapped around the prop and another time I hit a wood pallet out there at speed causing a sudden prop stoppage. Try cranking that 250 with your lawn mower pull cord! Almost killed me each time. The only safe way to approach the Gulf is with twins like I have now.

As for a "work truck" I do have a new Ford F-350 4x4 diesel dually crew cab with the 22,000 lb. tow package that can haul anything at 100 mph. That's the truck I was driving last July when we stopped at Bowie to look you up.

JJ
looked back and see we have been yelling at each other for 8 years!Maybe get the booster as I would hate it if my long time male companion died Jim! …hey what happened to Yuma James?….just kidding about the boat…remembered this post!
(YumaJames,
This is Jim Davis AKA JungleJim.
I live in Yuma and used to spend a lot of time at P Penasco. I've got a 23.5 Sea Pro sportfisher that I've trailer hauled many times down there. I stopped going about five years ago when things started getting really stupid down there. Thought we might meet and maybe do a caravan with the boats and some fishing once down there.)

Someday I will have tell you how I saved your life!

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
I don’t think that’s Kenny, Kenny writes totally different hasn’t been in Penasco in 15 years.
Will that engine fit in my F150 JJ?
Playa.....

I'm sure it will, just have your cutting torch and a grinder handy. I'm also sure that Ford Performance couldn't care what you do with that engine.

JJ

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
looked back and see we have been yelling at each other for 8 years!Maybe get the booster as I would hate it if my long time male companion died Jim! …hey what happened to Yuma James?….just kidding about the boat…remembered this post!
(YumaJames,
This is Jim Davis AKA JungleJim.
I live in Yuma and used to spend a lot of time at P Penasco. I've got a 23.5 Sea Pro sportfisher that I've trailer hauled many times down there. I stopped going about five years ago when things started getting really stupid down there. Thought we might meet and maybe do a caravan with the boats and some fishing once down there.)

Someday I will have tell you how I saved your life!

So Jerry...........

I haven't heard anything from Yuma James in several years. He did work at the hospital here. He never contacted me about doing a caravan or buddy boating. The last time I was at Safe Marina his boat was still there on the trailer with two flat tires and a tarp shredded and tattered to ribbons. Many of the hospital workers here quit when the scamdemic mandatory rules and regs hit. Then they were replaced with woo-floo compliant out of towners at double the salary.

As for a booster, sorry I have not nor will ever get the jab as both of my nurse step daughters think the same. One got rehired at the hospital when the scamdemic went "poof" and was no longer newsworthy.

JJ