Hotel coming in Puerto Lobos

audsley

I've been owing this forum a follow-up ever since I visited Lobos 3 weeks ago.

I regret to report that what I saw in late February did not sustain the enthusiasm I expressed last October. Didn't look to me like anything new had been done. No one there spoke English, but I understood them to say 2-person rooms can be rented for 400 pesos (about $25) a night. Personally, I wouldn't choose to stay there.

The other "hotel" is by the fish processing area. Wasn't completed when I saw it. I'm guessing it's intended to serve the migrant fishermen and squid harvesters who pass through the area.

jerry

Across from the big garage Samuel and Ted store their boats there is a great two bedroom rental unt...think it was 100 a night..

SunDevil

So Sorry
was sure hoping to have something usable for a few days
??? The orange and green hotel is usable. Flushing toilets and hot water and AC. The mattresses are a little old and I would probably bring my own pillows and sheets next time but a room like this in Lobos with two beds for $33 a night is pretty good in my opinion.

jerry

Holy Shit....Big Cartel bust in Lobos

In a busy resort during an operation to ensure the safety of vacationers, state police identified and arrested Raul Beltran Quintero , alias 'El 9' and / or 'The Wico', identified as the alleged operator of the Pacific cartel in Sonora.

In a press release, the State Ministry of Public Security explained that the arrest occurred early Saturday on the beaches of Puerto Lobos , on the site known as El Charco which is located 94 kilometers from the county seat of Caborca, very near the border to the northwest.

State Police officers Public Security arrested Raul Beltran Quintero alias 'El 9' and / or 'The Wico' 50-year-old and 8 other people. In the operating securing two cars, a Toyota FJ Cruiser line, model 2012 model Cadillac Escalade and 2007, both reported as stolen in the United States "it was achieved.

The agency explained that they were also seized eight handguns of various calibers, magazines and rounds of ammunition.

The detainees were identified as Ricardo Mendez, 22, Geu Hernandez Montes, 28, Adrian Valenzuela, 24, Eder Roman 29, Jose Beltran of 62, Crispin Salazar 42, Manuel de Jesus Munoz 38, and a minor.

Raul Beltran Quintero is the brother of Manuel Beltran Quintero "Nini", who in 2014 was arrested by federal authorities for alleged links to organized crime; they control the movement of drugs, weapons and money through El Sasabe, a region of trafficking undocumented immigrants into the United States by the Sonoran Desert.

Last edited:

MIRAMAR

If I saw a Cadillac Escalade in Lobos that would be a huge sign for me to get out of there. It would completely stand out.

audsley

On Easter weekend you're apt to see about anything in Lobos. There are thousands of people there that weekend. Many who own homes there try to be present over Easter to keep an eye on their property. Those of us who don't own property in Lobos try to be absent.

jerry

. Still where can you catch fish like this from a sit on top... The arrested were part of a crew that smuggles dope through Sasabe.... dangerous men,you look at them the wrong way and you are lucky to get off with a beating....then picture them all drunk.....great job by this police unit...ghosts....

Last edited:

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
. Still where can you catch fish like this from a sit on top... The arrested were part of a crew that smuggles dope through Sasabe.... dangerous men,you look at them the wrong way and you are lucky to get off with a beating....then picture them all drunk.....great job by this police unit...ghosts....

OMG!!!! Why couldn't that have happened when I was out there a couple years ago?! I'm so ready to get back there!!! Jerry who was the other BIG LEAGUE PLAYER that used to hang out in LOBOS? You couldn't catch me dead in Lobos over Semana Santa...

jerry

L
OMG!!!! Why couldn't that have happened when I was out there a couple years ago?! I'm so ready to get back there!!! Jerry who was the other BIG LEAGUE PLAYER that used to hang out in LOBOS? You couldn't catch me dead in Lobos over Semana Santa...
the Black...Sabori a true bad ass

CBFinet

Hello All,

Is there any news or contact info for that hotel in Lobos? I've gone down and camped/fished a couple times this last winter and spring but was hoping to find some place with A/C for a few days next week.

Any advice would be appreciated. I wouldn't be opposed to a house apartment rental either if it was reasonable.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

jerry

Hello All,

Is there any news or contact info for that hotel in Lobos? I've gone down and camped/fished a couple times this last winter and spring but was hoping to find some place with A/C for a few days next week.

Any advice would be appreciated. I wouldn't be opposed to a house apartment rental either if it was reasonable.

Thanks in advance,
Chris
Chris there is a nice duplex as I remember on the water across from the big garage Samuels boat is in.It is on the south side..think it is 100 a night or so........not sure of contact info but might be able to find if someone else doesn't have it like Audsley........35 minutes up the coast you can rent Casa Verde at Santo Tomas next to my house ....it's on the Google...then drive down...

audsley

I can find you a place to rent, but not sure about AC. I tend to stay away from Lobos from mid-summer until late September. I'll look into it tomorrow.

CBFinet

Thanks guys. The trip is tentative at this point but I'll know in the next couple days. If it comes together I'll be calling Audsley to see about the lead he has on a place.

Hoping to hit some yellowtail at the usual spots and see about some grouper/sea bass. Last couple trips have been great fishing for yellowtail with magnum x-raps and mirrolures. Would there be different tactics for summer?

SunDevil

Probably won't catch very many YT but should have plenty sardinero, groupers, pintos, snappers, triggers, etc. Check out Arturo's Diving and Fishing on FaceBook. He posts weekly fishing reports.